PDA

View Full Version : Playing A Tight Or Loose Game

DawnToDusk
03-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I play the small buy in SnG's on UB ($5+.50 and $10+1) and usually played a tight and aggressive game. I wouldn't come in preflop unless I had a strong holding or it was situationally correct for me to call with a marginal holding and wouldn't go farther than the flop early game unless I hit something. But recently I have been trying to gauge the games (if they are loose/tight and passive/aggressive) and have been changing my playing style according. For example I am in a tight/passive game right now and started playing a loose/aggressive and it is working fairly well. My question is should I really be trying to mix up my playing style by playing loosely if the game is tight and vice a versa in these small buy in SnGs? Or should I just be playing a tight game as the buy in is so small that the players won't be great that I should just play it straight up?

lorinda
03-01-2005, 11:12 PM
You should stick to what works.

HOWEVER, if you get really good compared to the opposition, you could get some valuable poker practise by mixing it up occasionally.

Note 1: This will cost you EV
Note 2: Occasionally has a meaning. It is often taken to mean "Whenever you want an excuse to gamble" on forums. My use means "Occasionally"

Lori