PDA

View Full Version : First posted hand... a frustrating one.

DPaley
03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Pacific Poker $10NL. I'm MP with $11, villain is button with about $30. Dealt AcKc with two limpers in front, I raise to .50 (First mistake... too low?) and get 5 callers. Flop is A35 rainbow and when it's checked to me I bet $2 into the $2.75 pot. Button and SB call. Turn is a Q, SB checks, I bet $4. Button calls and SB folds. River is a 2. With a sinking feeling I bet $1 and button pushes. I call the additional $5 because I'm an idiot and button shows down 44.

Now calling the all-in raise is an obvious mistake. (Right?) Besides that, what could I have done to get this idiot out?

Thanks -DP

theredpill5
03-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Those tables are crazy. I played those tables once. I pushed all-in for $10 with A A and a guy called me with 6 7 o . Yeah....that is how crazy they are.

Preflop, raise to $1

You played it fine thereafter except for calling the all-in on the river.

tbach24
03-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Pre-flop: It really depends on what you can get away with. If they are folding to large raises, raise more hands. If they are calling your large raises, tighten up your requirements.
Flop: Again, as much as you can get away with
Turn: I might've pushed here, you have a lot invested in this pot.

You don't want this idiot drawing to a 6-outer out of there. You just don't want to give him pot odds (you didn't) or implied odds (not deep enough to give implied odds I think). So it's not bad.