PDA

View Full Version : Flopping top set after capped preflop, did I miss some bets?

JTG51
09-16-2002, 04:36 PM
I've never played with any of my opponents from this hand before.

I'm in the cutoff with TT. MP open raises. Folded to me, and I 3 bet. Button caps it. BB calls, MP calls, I call.

Flop: 7 9 T rainbow

Absolutely perfect. BB checks, MP bets. Anyone raise here? I'm sure that if I call, Button will raise. If I raise, I'm not sure. I just call and Button raises. BB calls, MP calls, I call.

Turn: [7 9 T] T

OK, I guess I'm not worried about overcards making a bigger set anymore. BB checks, MP checks, Button bets. BB calls, MP calls, I raise. Everyone calls.

If there is a god, the river will be an A or a K. Hopefully a K.

River: [7 9 T T] 5

Checked to me, I bet, everyone calls.

The starting hands were pretty amazing. MP had QQ, Button had KK, and BB had AA.

I wish BB had been a little more aggressive with his AA. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Afterwards, Button was all bitter sounding. Telling me it was a nice catch on the flop and that I only had 2 outs. I didn't bother to point out to him that he only had 2 outs before the flop also.

budman
09-16-2002, 04:59 PM
I don't see how you could have gotten more bets into this pot. You hid your strength until the turn and then raised the only chance you had.

I think the BB missed a bet on the flop. I can see how the flop round could have been three bet or capped. After that, even with the strong hands everyone else held, they could only reasonably check and call or even fold.

Boris
09-16-2002, 05:25 PM
how can you expect to win at poker if you don't learn how to play quads? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Ed Miller
09-16-2002, 07:25 PM
I would have call-reraised the flop here. With all the preflop action, they will not fold. You might even get the check-raise in on the turn again because the button will probably bet if checked to on the turn.

JTG51
09-16-2002, 10:15 PM
That was my thought too. I'm not sure if I would have made more bets that way though. With as passively as the BB played his AA, I doubt I would have made more bets by 3 betting the flop.