PDA

View Full Version : turbos and short handed sngs

Jdiddy
03-01-2005, 09:31 PM
whats everyone's thoughts on turbo sit and gos? are they any good? i always thought that since the blinds go up so fast its pretty much just who can get lucky when people are forced to go all in when their 3500 stack which is only 6 or 7x the bb...

also ive been playing the 6 man 12+1's on pokerstars for a while, is it a bad idea to play these? i never see anyone talking about these short handed sngs on this forum..

Jdiddy
03-01-2005, 10:02 PM
anyone?

ThinkQuick
03-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I've been playing 6 handed $5+0.50 s on Pacific, and I love it.
It's done in under 40 minutes and it's not hard. My record is great (though small sample)..
Although I suppose if you can last for four people to get out of a full game SnG then it's the same play for twice the prize pool. I'm going to try to play a bunch of full games and shorthanded and see where I make more money. And MAN, online players are fishy, I shoud've started this earlier (Signed up for $10 free no deposit at pacific).

ThinkQuick
03-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Anyone know what a good ITM is for short handed? How about a good top2%?

Considering the normal here would be 50% ITM instead of 30%, I assume this will be quite different. Would a multiplier of 10/6 be a good approximation? (As in an excellent ITM would be 40% * 10/6 = 66.7%?)