PDA

View Full Version : new NL/PL tables at party poker

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
So I noticed the new PL/NL tables at party poker. It's good that they're offering more tables at different levels. However, I was playing some PLO 25 buyin, with the blinds at .25-5. Now they changed the blinds to .10-.25, which has made the stacks obviously deeper but less profitable. What are ways to adjust to these new options? Your guys' thoughts? What should you play for the best EV?

poker327
03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
It is also harder to get a rake for a pot, probably the reason they did it to thrwart the bonus whores.

Macdaddy Warsaw
03-01-2005, 09:46 PM
No, probably because 100 BB stacks make for a much better NL/PL game. 100 BB is largely the standard on the internet.

EDIT: I don't think deeper stacks make the game less profitable. It should make it more profitable. Limping with speculative hands becomes more profitable because of increased implied odds. If it only costs you half as much to limp, you lose half as much when you miss and hopefully win the same when you hit.

grouchie
03-01-2005, 11:24 PM
to thwart this evil play to make less pots raked at the 25NL level, i propose that when clearing a bonus you step up to the 50NL level which will have the blinds you are used to. If you feel uncomfortable putting 50 on a table, you can buy in for just 25. Then, YOU will still be playing the old fashioned party 25NL, however, everyone around you will be playing the new party 50NL.

I'm considering moving up to 50NL as I will beable to clear bonus's at the same rate i'm used to, and playing with the reduced blinds on Party 25NL I feel like i've steped down a level.

we will see though

jdl22
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah Party hates it when tons of hands get raked.

emonrad87
03-02-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is also harder to get a rake for a pot, probably the reason they did it to thrwart the bonus whores.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they didnt want pots to be raked, wouldn't they just NOT take a rake?