PDA

View Full Version : QQ from BB flops full (lovely new 100xBB 6max)

jhall23
03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Anyone play it any diffent?

Button was a LAG and I was hoping I could get a bet out of the turn to build the pot by "giving up" after being called on the flop. When he didn't bet I figured I had to tone down my river bet to get a call.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($78.3)
SB ($24.75)
Hero ($25.1)
UTG ($24.9)
MP ($25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.25, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls $0.40, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5, SB calls $5.

Turn: ($24.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($24.50) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Button calls $10, SB folds.

Final Pot: $44.50

TheWorstPlayer
03-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Just bet the turn small also. No one is folding for another $4-5.

TrailofTears
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm guessing you slowed down on the turn to make it look like a missed flop, but no one who called the flop bet is going to fold on the turn when a complete blank comes. Well some might, but they are the same ones who will fold to the river bet.

-T

fimbulwinter
03-01-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone play it any diffent?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes

this is why:

[ QUOTE ]
Button was a LAG

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you a little piece of advice that has served me well:

when you want opponents to call, especially agressive or loose opponents represent hands which do not want a call.

your preflop action looks like a big pair or AK. you re-raised a raiser and you were out of position. the whole "im going to play it weak now that i've got it won" thing isn't going to fly after you've already let the monkey out of the bag.

what you need to do is look like a bettor desperately looking for folds. the thing you need to realize is that there are no draws and really no cards people are going to catch to make them want to play a big pot (do you want to play a big pot against a PF RR'er with an ace or king on board?). there's really no reason to dog this hand; do you bet 1/2 pot there with unimproved AK?

had it been me, I'd overbet the flop and push the turn. either i'll get action from an underpair or a 5 or i won't. if soneone has a Q, they're going to pay you big here. yes, you may fold them out this hand, but you only have to get looked up like 1/4 hands long term to make playing this hand like a bluff much better than playing it like a monster that desperately wants calls.

remember, we all only get so many big hands. when you get them, make big pots, not little pecks. that means you bet big, just like you do with your bluffs.

fim

jhall23
03-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks!

I think I out thought myself here just because I had such a huge hand. Like you say these don't happen that often. I thought great LAG is there to bet for me, some of them just bet for bettings sack.

I love doing the overbet thing with semi-thinking players when I flop top set with draws on board trying to represent an overpair. Didn't think about it here. Next time I flop a full house or something huge after re-raising PF I'll try and remember.