PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

someguy2
03-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm planning to open a paypal account in order to sell some stuff on ebay. Do I need to get a premier/business account, or is a personal (free) account fine? Thanks!

hate
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
You need a premier account to accept CC payments, or I did when I set it up myself, but I don't think any of their accounts cost money, they just have to verify your bank account like IGM-Pay does.

Eder
03-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Free account is fine...I've used mine for eBay for many years...just don't leave $$ in it for extended periods....you never know haha

IggyWH
03-01-2005, 07:28 PM
If you go with the free, you cannot accept credit card payments. If you do, it'll automatically bump your account up to premiere.

If you go with the free account, make sure to say in your auction that you cannot accept credit card payments. Ebay automatically inserts the paypal logo into your auction and the logo shows credit cards.

TobDog
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I want to start by saying I have not done this or the research on this, but what is to keep one form having 2 accounts, one free and one business? Use the free one on ebay and redirect anyone with a credit card payment to your other one if necessarry.

I have seen many an auction that states clearly, they only accepted pre-funded paypal accounts. Nothing wrong with that, but the golf club junkies that I sell to need that CC to load $, none of those f'ers ever have extra cash laying around.

Nick-Zack
03-02-2005, 12:35 AM
HIJACK

I hate Paypal. I don't think I will ever be able to get over them not accepting gaming transactions. That Paypal CC was the greatest thing ever.