PDA

View Full Version : Party Skin Software Probs as of Late

x2ski
03-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey all,

The past few days I have been having some annoying problems with the Party Skins software...

I currently 6-table Empire and Eurobet while running PT auto-import and PlayerView. Sometimes I'm auto-playing on MicroGaming Viper Software but not always.

What happens is this...

I'm crankin' along on the tables, when suddenly a pop-up window appears telling me that either Empire Poker or Coral Eurobet Poker "...has encountered an error and needs to close. Please close the program and re-start it again."

Normally I can continue playing for a while, and I often want to if I'm at some great tables (like 5 freakin' minutes ago /images/graemlins/mad.gif), but eventually the screen gets so garbled with blocky graphics crap that I must shut the software down.

Then, I re-start and re-log into the lobbies and as soon as I try to join a table, the same message comes up!

Yesterday, I removed everything related to the Party Skins from my computer, defragged my HD (twice), did a fresh install, and still had the same problem. I then thought that it might be a table mod that I got from the PlayerView Forums, so I didn't install that, but still installed chiplitre.com's "NoChairs" mods.

Everything was going fine today until recently, so I don't know what gives. Anyone else have these problems? Any advice?

I don't think it's my system, but if it helps:

P4 3.2 HT
1 Gig RAM
ATI Radeon X300 Card (crap, I know, but I don't play BF42 anymore lol)

Thanks for the help!

x2ski
03-02-2005, 02:19 AM
bumpity bump bump bump bump...

mantasm
03-02-2005, 02:30 AM
I've had this a few times. The problem is playerview, just close it down and restart it. You don't even have to close the tables.

x2ski
03-02-2005, 02:32 AM
Are you serious!!!

Holy crap, I hope that works... What a simple solution!

Thanks tasm!

mantasm
03-02-2005, 02:37 AM
You may have to minimize and reopen the table windows to clean them back up, but that should do it.

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 03:09 AM
yup, playerview is definitely the problem.

EliteNinja
03-02-2005, 04:02 AM
That happens regularly when I 4-table on my PIII 500Mhz (circa 1999). A few hours in with only Party Poker open, it will crash just as stated above.

Jamper
03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
nope, not playerview

something's messed up at party these last few days. Just 4-table datamining on 1 skin incurs same problem. never happened before now.

busguy
03-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Call support.

I had a similar problem this afternoon (pop up's saying there was a problem and that I needed to un-install and then re-install) and had a fair go around with support trying to solve it. It had something to do with where it was trying to save the file on the hard drive. During the installation process I had to change it from C:\Programs\Party Poker to C:\Party Poker and then it worked fine.

Hope this helps

/images/graemlins/blush.gif busguy

housenuts
03-07-2005, 05:53 AM
i have a athlon 550 with 384ram. when I 3 or 4-table with playerview open my computer will crash. after a few minutes it will just reset itself. it's happened about 10 times. i no longer run playerview. i'm waiting to get a new computer.

i'm trying to decide if shelling out $500+ will be +EV

pottie
03-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Had this exact problem running 2 sites without using Playerview. Since i got my new PC and using Windows XP (not the virus Windows ME) I havent had this problem.