PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't all-ins shown?

MonkeeMan
03-01-2005, 06:33 PM
I play on Stars and am wondering why it is that when you have players all-in and no further betting action possible that hole cards are shown in tourneys and not shown in ring games? To me the tourney form is so much more fun and informative. Is there a good reason for this?

kdog
03-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Other than giving the all in player the opportunity to muck rather than show if he is beaten (and last to act) I can't think of any.

Muisyle
03-01-2005, 10:30 PM
They show on Full Tilt. I think it's a lot better that way.

lorinda
03-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Is there a good reason for this?

In B+M games it has been a rule for years in the UK (Although newer in america i believe) that in a tourney you show cards when all in.

This is because tourneys used to have 20-25 players and the "on their backs" rule prevented friends from passing chips to each other.

It is also an entertaining aspect of tourney play to have the shootouts in full view, and this attracts spectators, who in turn become players.

In the ring games, there is no advantage (except in some specific NL circumstances) in giving your friend chips, so there is no need to see what the cards are.

Lori

PITTM
03-01-2005, 11:29 PM
it gives players the opportunity to much a hand if they lose. b&m rooms generally dont require you to show in ring game all ins either.

rj