PDA

View Full Version : Playing against Several of the same opponents....

mtdoak
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
When you are at a table against players who you have several hundred hands against, esp. in heads up situations, do you guys change up your play at all?

hate
03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
If you have a couple hundred hands on a player, you should have pretty detailed notes on his preflop and postflop play. Always play your man.

mr pink
03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
i dont have pokertracker so yeah, i pretty much go with what i have seen him do so far and adjust.

sfer
03-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Depends. I play in live games where the cast of characters is the same a lot of the time.

The tougher players I adjust, the donks I don't. Some of the regulars are 2+2ers, and I went through an overadjustment period with them.

bernie
03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
If they are showing signs of adjusting to your play that's causing you to lose action, yes.
If not and they're still paying you off and giving you action, no.

b

molawn2mo
03-01-2005, 08:58 PM
For the multitablers amongst us, I suspect changing up your standard of play is far from the norm. In fact, the "multitablers" ought be somewhat restricted in "changing up their game;" this being a significant advantage that those of us who play no more than 2 tables do, indeed, benefit from. Single and Two-tabler's reads should be better than a 4 or 8-tabler's reads. We should be more agile in adapting to changing table conditions and we can, generally, rely upon the multi-tablers to act in a predictable manner.

For this writer, "predictabilty" is one of the most coveted traits in selecting a table.