PDA

View Full Version : to call or not to call a raise on seventh street

rayess
09-16-2002, 10:01 AM
The game is spread limit 5-25 with 2 ante and 5 bring-in.
Up to 6th street not much action, just one full bet on 5th street from a lady who made a pair of kings on board. On 6th, I get a Qh which gives me 4 hearts on board. I bet 25 and get called only by the lady. On the river I make aces up (no flush). I bet 25 and get raised by the lady (to me she was representing kings up until the river). Should I call the raise with my aces up? the pot is around 150 with my final bet.

Tom D
09-16-2002, 10:55 AM
It doesn’t look like it. The lady check-raised you, showing four hearts, who bet into open Kings on sixth street. She would have to be extraordinarily clever to make money bluffing in this spot. Besides, there isn’t much in the pot ($150).

My question: Should you have bet sixth-street? If you had Aces with your four-flush, I wouldn’t question the bet, but apparently the lady is not someone who throws away two-pair or trips looking at four of a suit, even when the pot is very small ($50?).

Tom D

rayess
09-16-2002, 11:17 AM
Knowing the way she plays, her bet on 5th didn't necessarly mean kings up, but her call on 6th did. Beside I have trouble not betting a board of four suited cards in a small pot with no threatening boards around.

patrick dicaprio
09-16-2002, 03:53 PM
let me ask you a question. with what hands would you raise the river when your opponent has a fourflush on board and bet the full amount on sixth?. She probably isnt bluffing with nothing unless she is a moron, since you will not fold if you improved, and you bet out on the river. tough to call here. if i were playing the hand i would probably call knowing it was the wrong play just to find out what she had. this explains why i dont play for a living. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Pat