PDA

View Full Version : terrible opponents

cyorg
03-01-2005, 05:22 PM
A friend from work invited me to his neighbors house for a poker game. Everyone put in $50, so it was pretty cheap. Most of the players were LAGs, and some were pretty passive. We had been playing for about an hour when the host began to get after me for playing too tight. I had already begun to pull a profit from them and I guess that he wanted the chance to get his money back. I played for about another hour and left when he would keep pushing me to go blind all in every hand. It was the most irritating night of poker ever. I left with about $25 more than I started with so at least I was ahead. Just thought I'd vent. Now how about that virtual hug from the 2+2ers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TwoShedsJackson
03-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Tell your host that when he starts staking you he can tell you what to do with your cards, then tell him to fuck off /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cnfuzzd
03-02-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A friend from work invited me to his neighbors house for a poker game. Everyone put in $50, so it was pretty cheap. Most of the players were LAGs, and some were pretty passive. We had been playing for about an hour when the host began to get after me for playing too tight. I had already begun to pull a profit from them and I guess that he wanted the chance to get his money back. I played for about another hour and left when he would keep pushing me to go blind all in every hand. It was the most irritating night of poker ever. I left with about $25 more than I started with so at least I was ahead. Just thought I'd vent. Now how about that virtual hug from the 2+2ers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why i rarely play in home games with people who dont understand that when im at the table, i am not there to hang out. Pretty much the only downside to being a pro is that "guys night of poker" is not really fun for me anymore.....

However, in that situation, i would tell the friend that i was just kind of tired and not really willing to gamble that much. Then, make sure the hosts provides alcohol the next time you play. Then, start off drinking slow, when some money, then drink an amount of alcohol equal to what youve won. Then, when raucously drunk, start going all in blind, or whatever you want really. Thats how i always did it. And, usually, even wasted i was better than most of my competition...

peace

john nickle

27offsooot
03-02-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much the only downside to being a pro is that "guys night of poker" is not really fun for me anymore.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even a pro, but playing in home games with friends who are in general awful poker players bores me to tears. I start out on my best behavior, but about an hour in I have enough alcohol in me to start blind raising PF every other hand and gladly donate my 10-15 dollars.