PDA

View Full Version : Max value out of my set of ducks

Falker11
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
setting home game .5/1 blinds

hero dealt 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button

3 callers to hero, hero limps, sb calls BB checks

flop($5) k /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

blinds check, very loose aggro($100) bets $7, and the next player to act($150) makes it $14 1 fold to me.

I have both players covered.

I play with the raiser very often and I am about 90% sure he is making a play on the loose aggro who bet out for 7. He might hold an under pair, maybe the spade draw or even just an ace high, I do not give him credit for a strong hand of any kind. I am fairly certain the loose aggro has either a weak king or the flush draw.

Should I call and slowplay my set, planning to raise on the turn if no spade comes, or should I raise now to get any lingering draws in the blinds out and protect my hand from the spade draw?

results:
<font color="white">
I raised to 30 and everyone folded
</font>

-Falker

tbach24
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
You have to raise to charge draws. You might get action from TPTK, TPGK as well.

xorbie
03-01-2005, 05:13 PM
You played it fine. Made a 1/2 pot raise, which is actually not that much. Clearly neither had a great hand that was going to pay you off later (i.e. if either improved they would just beat you).

Los Feliz Slim
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Good raise. LOTS of players will pay that off with their flush draw.