PDA

View Full Version : fishing and hiking g.n.p.

Ray Zee
09-16-2002, 06:39 AM
today was our last good day of the season maybe. 80 and sunny. so i hiked up(down) to hidden lake from logan pass in glacier nat. park. for my usual fishing trip in there. one of the most beautiful places on earth, and few people after going past the boardwalk. lots of mountain goats right come next to you in their winter white suits. the fishing was good with me landing quite a few yellowstone cutts., in the 16 to 22 inch range on my standard humpy i use there, as i can see it in the riffles on the water. the nice part of fishing at hidden is the trout come up to take your fly from deep and slowly, so you get to see all the action take place in the crystal gin clear agua.

BB King's
09-16-2002, 10:13 AM
//////

SuburbanPokerMan
09-17-2002, 11:26 AM
z,

I have not fished in many years, maybe because I just could never catch them. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif You know they hang out in schools which I heard makes them very smart. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif But, after reading your post I want to go fishing at your spot someday. But, not today. Do you eat them, mount them, or just throw them back?

SPM,...them fish are too smart for me... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Boris
09-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Zee throws them back.

The only things being mounted in Montana are the sheep.

Ray Zee
09-18-2002, 12:19 AM
SPM, i release all my fish i catch. although i did keep some small ones in alaska this year for dinner at the lake.
someday but not today i will take you with me.