PDA

View Full Version : Whats is the defintiton of a nut peddler?

krazyace5
03-01-2005, 03:41 PM
thanks

anisotropy
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it's something synonymous with 'rock'. Basically it's a player that will play very tight preflop and wait for a nut hand to play hard. If you run into a player like this, and he raises you, you can be almost positive that he has the mortal nuts or near mortal nuts.

beset7
03-01-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This is someone who onlys plays hands that are the current nuts, close to it or have redraws to the nuts. This phenemonen is most common in Omaha games where the nuts is usually out there. In hold em it isn't quite as literal since the nut hand isn't out as frequently. It just means a rock that only plays premium hands.

Isura
03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
To add, this also applies to postflop play. Some players are loose preflop but become nut peddlers after the flop.

NJchick
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
I have a nutpeddler outside my office on 30th and Seventh Ave...Great candy coated cashews....<joke>

A Nutpeddler is a player who tends to play nuthands whenever they enter a pot. Plays with rock-like proportions most of the time. Adjust your game accordingly. Respect their game but never be fearfull. Just learn how to play back at them.