PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Question about outs

09-16-2002, 04:14 AM
Hi, I have what seems to me a simple (and dumb) question, but I can't seem to figure out the solution so I figured I'd ask for some help. In Sklansky's hold em poker, the probability chart says there are 4 outs for a two pair draw/inside straight draw. What are the 4 outs (I think there should be only 3 if you're drawing to make a pair for your 2nd card or at least 5 if you include the opportunity to make a set w/ your other pair). I understand how there are 4 outs for the gut shot draw but I can't figure out how there are only 4 for the two pair draw. Thanks for any answers to my seemingly simple dilemma.

Dynasty
09-16-2002, 04:46 AM
The example cited means that you already have two-pair but you are behind a better hand, like a straight or flush.

Here's an example. You hold QJo. Somebody else has AKo. The flop is: Q,J,T. You have two pair but are currently beat by your opponent's straight. You have four outs- two Jacks and two Tens.

Jimbo
09-16-2002, 02:37 PM
In your example he can also catch runner runner AK to achieve a tie. A better example might be a flush on board but even then if he has any outs at all he may be able to tie with a str8 flush on board.

Jimbo