PDA

View Full Version : TT - J on board against 2 loose players, turn decision...

Fat Nicky
03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
After 30 or so hands, BB has shown LAGish tendencies. SB is very loose pre-flop, not very aggressive, won't get out of line postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

As case can be made for 3-betting here I guess, looking at it now, that would certainly make the hand easier to play, IMO. What does everyone think?

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ????

Call, raise, fold and why?

27offsooot
03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Raise to protect and for value. The pot is definitely big enough and I think u are most likely still ahead but a lot of river cards can hurt.

istewart
03-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I think I agree with 3-betting the flop if your read on the BB is solid. As it stands I probably just call down here. Although I'm not very good at this sort of thing since your pair is vulnerable to tons of rivers.

PokerBob
03-01-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After 30 or so hands, BB has shown LAGish tendencies. SB is very loose pre-flop, not very aggressive, won't get out of line postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

As case can be made for 3-betting here I guess, looking at it now, that would certainly make the hand easier to play, IMO. What does everyone think?

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ????

Call, raise, fold and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you 3-bet the flop, like you said, to see if he's for real. I've seen countless dummies c/r a flop like this trying to get you off AK-AQ.

mr pink
03-01-2005, 02:37 PM
is the converter messed up? i count 5 players on the flopr and 3 on the turn. unless somebody is all-in, i dont get it.

3 betting the flop to get it HU with the lag definintely makes the turn easier to play. as it is, i wanna raise the turn to get the SB out and hopefully get a free showdown.

Roman
03-01-2005, 02:47 PM
two of them folded.

Fat Nicky
03-01-2005, 03:09 PM
yep, converter messed up. it is 9 handed instead of 10, there are 5 on the flop instead of 6, and 3 to the turn instead of 4.

mr pink
03-01-2005, 03:13 PM
ok, that's what i thought. yeah i think i'm 3-betting the flop. the turn is a bitch but i think you gotta raise.

meep_42
03-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I smooth call the flop raise because there's no chance of folding out AQ or 99 from BB here, and SB is coming for the ride regardless. Your hand equity (if you're ahead) is subject to a lot of variation on a lot of turn card. (Any Q,K,A,8,heart)

I raise for protection against SB on the turn and think about dumping to a 3-bet from BB. I know it costs the same as calling down, but I think that getting SB out here can clean up as many as 6 overcard outs. If BB calls, I take a free showdown on a 8,Q,K,A. Bet/fold to a c/r on anything else.

Thoughts?

-d

Fat Nicky
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I smooth call the flop raise because there's no chance of folding out AQ or 99 from BB here, and SB is coming for the ride regardless. Your hand equity (if you're ahead) is subject to a lot of variation on a lot of turn card. (Any Q,K,A,8,heart)

I raise for protection against SB on the turn and think about dumping to a 3-bet from BB. I know it costs the same as calling down, but I think that getting SB out here can clean up as many as 6 overcard outs. If BB calls, I take a free showdown on a 8,Q,K,A. Bet/fold to a c/r on anything else.

Thoughts?

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along the same lines, however, I am still debating the scenario of 3-betting the flop to make the turn easier to play? Is this play overrated??