PDA

View Full Version : Hellmuth's WSOP final table

Becks77
03-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Just in case anyone wanted to know Hellmuth's final table with Gavin Griffth taking him out is on ESPN 2 right now. I know some people wanted to see it.

Tevyee
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
If there wasn't luck involved Phil Hellmuth would win every hand.

daryn
03-01-2005, 04:29 PM
doesn't he always seem to get busted on a bad beat?

3rdEye
03-01-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't he always seem to get busted on a bad beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy takes some of the sickest beats. Two crucial hands in which he's a very big favorite, and both times he loses to runner-runner flushes.

I was actually sort of happy to see Hellmuth sucking out for once in the Poker by the Book show.

toots
03-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Well, I have two thoughts:

First, they're going to show the bad beats that Hellmuth takes. It's high drama, and Hellmuth pays off bigtime.

Second, I think that it'll often be a bad beat by definition, since Hellmuth seems like a good enough and maybe overcautious player that he isn't going to push his chips unless he's pretty sure he has the best of it.

Which means he either wins or loses on a bad beat. Given the number of WSOP bracelets he has, and the number of times he cashes in tournaments, I suspect that winning happens more often than the TV shows us. Especially since he reportedly doesn't enter that many tournaments.

Tevyee
03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
He cashes in many of the tournaments he enters but he hasn't placed first in them. Placing first is much more important to Phil, primarily his ego.