PDA

View Full Version : Is PStars legit or are we being had

09-16-2002, 02:23 AM
If pokerstars is legit, why does the following happen over and over and over again without end?

PokerStars Game #222272xx: Tournament #4063, Hold'em Pot Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2002/09/16 - 01:28:17 (EST)
Table '4063 19' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: moonkeeper (4547 in chips)
Seat 2: SheridanCat (3560 in chips)
Seat 3: daveC (10579 in chips)
Seat 4: Unlucky (5460 in chips)
Seat 5: woodstock (14441 in chips)
Seat 6: DekeSprocket (4735 in chips)
Seat 7: sbjensen (13113 in chips)
Seat 8: LooseMoose (11340 in chips)
Seat 9: UrUndrMaPwr! (2250 in chips)
UrUndrMaPwr!: posts small blind 300
moonkeeper: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Unlucky [Ks Qs]
SheridanCat: folds
daveC: folds
Unlucky: raises 1500 to 2100
woodstock: folds
DekeSprocket: folds
sbjensen: folds
LooseMoose: folds
UrUndrMaPwr!: folds
moonkeeper: raises 2447 to 4547 and is all-in
Unlucky: calls 2447
*** FLOP *** [As 7s 5d]
*** TURN *** [As 7s 5d] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [As 7s 5d Td] [5c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
moonkeeper: shows [Js Ts] (two pair, Tens and Fives)
Unlucky: shows [Ks Qs] (a pair of Fives)
moonkeeper collected 9394 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9394 | Rake 0
Board [As 7s 5d Td 5c]
Seat 1: moonkeeper (big blind) showed [Js Ts] and won (9394) with two pair, Tens and Fives
Seat 2: SheridanCat folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: daveC folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Unlucky showed [Ks Qs] and lost with a pair of Fives
Seat 5: woodstock folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: DekeSprocket folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: sbjensen folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: LooseMoose (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: UrUndrMaPwr! (small blind) folded before Flop

This idiot had 6... SIX.. ANTI-OUTS to escape total domination, and hits. This happens constantly at pokerstars.

A personal word to Pokerstars management: you can find this hand, you know who I am. Tell Terrance the programmer to get my FKING name off the HITLIST asap. My patience is at an end.

09-16-2002, 08:03 AM
The number of people willing to call a reraise with KQ is
scary I agree, but we have to deal with it.

lorinda
09-16-2002, 08:05 AM
That was posted by me, i never post anon.

whiskeytown
09-16-2002, 02:14 PM
don't play poker anymore...you don't have the stomach for it.

He clearly made a play for you (a bluff) and whether out of ignorance or out of stupidity you called a massive reraise...he should have had at least A high and then he would have been able to shut you down legitimately but he was trying to bluff you, and most good players would have laid it down...but not you.

As it was, you were no more then a 3-1 favorite. You don't like playing 3-1 draws, then I suggest you get out of poker.

Jeez louise....you'd think no one ever lost a 3-1 draw before...I've had AA snapped off by KK in real life and on the internet....big news clip...you get run down in real life too...ask Phil Hellmuth who had the exact same thing happen to him at this year's WSOP

GrannyMae
09-16-2002, 06:45 PM
he made a play from the big blind late in the tourney, you foolishly called with a drawing hand, and you discuss his outs?? he was all-in!! for a rigged shuffle conspiracy poster, i must say you are presenting an example that is pretty lame.

CORed
09-17-2002, 12:42 PM
He clearly has no understanding of probability, math, or poker. I want him in my game, even if he does think it's a conspiracy every time he gets beat by someone playing almost as stupid as him.

09-17-2002, 08:25 PM
...to all of you who said the things I might have (but didn't in my role as PokerStars PR flak).

...dan

09-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Alternatively of course the programming could be rigged so that AA never gets beat and that the hand in front before the flop always wins on the river.

I like the point about them calling a massive reraise with a drawing hand - anyone would have though their initial raise was with AA. Try getting pocket aces cracked a few times then come back, though we still wont listen /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif