PDA

View Full Version : Heads up AA flop and river action

Chobohoya
03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Villian just sat down. I was about to leave table, but managed to get AA for my last hand:
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Button posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Stupid FPS? Why?

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ...

3bet or call?

Chobohoya
03-01-2005, 06:53 PM
So is this just glaringly obvious to everyone else? If it is, please say so...

mperich
03-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok I'll take a stab for you. I think noones posting because the answer is glaringly UNobvious. Well I originally had this post typed out with a 3bet option. But the more I look at it, the more I think he's either bluffing or he has you beat with the 2. The only other hand I see him playing like this is MAYBE KJ, unless he's an idiot. You're turn C/R looks like a big king, or a big set, so he MUST have hit something. I guess A2 or a bluff.

Surfbullet
03-01-2005, 07:48 PM
In this situation, I usually 3-bet the flop, and lead the turn. If he raises again I can call down. This is a hand where flop action is going to help define the hand and still charge draws...

Given your action,(smoothcall flop, c/r turn) which usually indicates a very strong hand, I would just call the river - a lone pair or 2-pair is not going to raise this river (likely 3-bet the turn if the villain was intending to raise), so I feel that his river raise shows strength.

Additionally, you aren't going to get paid the times he's on a bluff (even if that bluff is, say, a 7), and your going to get 4-bet every time by full houses and trips.

Surf