PDA

View Full Version : Garage Jumping

Rushmore
03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
http://www.local6.com/money/4239256/detail.html

Ok, so then anyone whose stupid kid hangs himself should be able to sue the rope manufacturer?

Maybe someone should sue God, for all this damned gravity.

NOTE: Yes, I know this is sort of political, but it's sort of OTHER, as well.

Drac
03-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I wish this was the only example of people acting like morons then trying to get paid for it. I've almost become immune to idiots like this.

voltron87b
03-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Wait, so the kid just decided to jump off a 6 story building and then sues the building? That's awesome.

daveymck
03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Isnt there some sort of underground sport that does this not called garage jumping, I think one of the best people in the world at it was on a nike or other sports manufacturer advert. I think it started in France.

jakethebake
03-01-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so the kid just decided to jump off a 6 story building and then sues the building? That's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna try it!

InchoateHand
03-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Could someone call my building manager, I can't walk.
(734) 302 6976

jakethebake
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Awesome story!

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't think we recognized it before as a danger," Vennero said.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? You didn't expect people to jump from parking structure to parking structure? How could this not occur to you?

[ QUOTE ]
"The first time I came to the garage after my son's accident, I looked over and I just about broke out in tears," the boy's father Tim Bargfrede said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone should kick this pussy's ass.

Easy E
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
"The family says that's not good enough and that both garages need to take responsibility before a garage jumper loses his life."

GET the [censored] outta here!

AngryCola
03-01-2005, 01:33 PM
If these people get any money, I will lose what little faith I have left in the legal system.

But I expect this is a case that will be thrown out.

jakethebake
03-01-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If these people get any money, I will lose what little faith I have left in the legal system. But I expect this is a case that will be thrown out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only because he didn't spill hot coffee on himself on the way down.

TheJunkyardGod
03-01-2005, 01:43 PM
ahhh, good old Local 6. Only florida would have a trend that involved suicide...

benfranklin
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I just thought of a new sport. Let's give the moronic thrill-seekers a real adrenaline rush with: garage-jumper skeet shooting.

PULL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

antidan444
03-01-2005, 01:59 PM
God damnit, now I've got coffee all over the place. Thanks a lot. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
03-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Um...I don't know if they would do something like this. It's called Free running or Le Parkour. They actually train to do that though by learning how to fall. Google for Le Parkour and you can find some amazing videos. I've seen a guy backflip off what must have been at least a 20 ft. high structure. The secret is they all tuck and roll as they land so there's virtually no impact on their bones. Just watch some videos, some of these guys are amazing.

Rob Blackburn
03-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Your right, Le Parkour, the sport that originally started in France also known as "free running".

Like most kids they have probably seen the videos or commercials that feature the sport and how easy it seems to look. Instead of starting off with basic moves or gaps they went out and decided to hurl themselves off the first big gap they could find.

This causes people to get seriously injured or killed.

jakethebake
03-01-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Um...I don't know if they would do something like this. It's called Free running or Le Parkour.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a French sport. I wonder how we could convince a few more Frenchies to take this up? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your right, Le Parkour, the sport that originally started in France also known as "free running".

[/ QUOTE ]

o.k. That's some of the most amazing stuff I've ever seen in my life.

Edit: Holy Crap!

Rushmore
03-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Now, I will sue the American media as a whole for their failure to notify me of this potential occupation, one which I'm certain would have made me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Had I only been properly exposed to it.

daveymck
03-01-2005, 07:21 PM
First time I saw it thought it had to be fake but there was a whole documentary following some of the people around it is amazing.

daveymck
03-01-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Now, I will sue the American media as a whole for their failure to notify me of this potential occupation, one which I'm certain would have made me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Had I only been properly exposed to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was definatley a nike or other big sports company did commercials with these guys obviously never made it over the pond.

mmbt0ne
03-01-2005, 07:25 PM
No, but I hear their parents are suing the coastline for not putting up fences and posting signs that you can't jump over the ocean.

nef
03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Near miss, but a nice attempt at a darwin award.

peachy
03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
i am in orlando alot for wakeboarding tourneys...and some of the guys were talkin about doin this...i was like wtf hahaha ur not serious!??!?! and low and behold they did something similar...but not on ones that were 80ft high...still they were too high for me to even THINK about messing with