PDA

View Full Version : This is what they meant when they said it won't last forever.

lorinda
03-01-2005, 11:49 AM
There are some people worried about the blind change for NL at Party today.

As it happens, and as I've mentioned already, this is a good thing, however THIS kind of thing is what those pro players meant when they told you to be versatile before you went pro yourself.

These changes, both good and bad will happen at regular intervals throughout your gambling career and you will have to take them all on the chin and adapt to them.

This does not mean that people should not go pro, as much as many of the more grizzled players would love you not to, but it does mean that you need to be prepared, adapt and generally engage your brain cells to survive in this industry.

Learning a formula to win for the rest of your life is not going to work, you need to learn the concepts of _why_ a particular formula works, and then apply it. Learning a formula will only work in one specific type of game and only until they change that game, or that game goes out of fashion (Which they ALL do in the end).

By all means take the money that you can get using whatever current tools/methods/formulae are out there, but if you are preparing for the future, make sure you have the ability to adjust to new games, new concepts and new ways of doing stuff.

If you are considering basing all future earnings predictions based on one way of playing one game at one site then you should NOT be considering being a pro player.

Lori

Synergistic Explosions
03-01-2005, 11:54 AM
So what was the blind change and how does it affect some people and why?

stinkypete
03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
they moved from a 50BB buy-in to a 100BB buy-in structure. deeper stacks, should help the better players.

axioma
03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
good post lori.

"you need to learn the concepts of _why_ a particular formula works, and then apply it." - this is so important in so many areas, and something pently of people never seem to grasp.

AngryCola
03-01-2005, 12:54 PM
This is perhaps the best post I've read in a week.

I don't even need to quote the best parts, because it is all so good.

Great post.