PDA

View Full Version : ASM Pokerchip Colors Mockup Generator

TabascoJRC
03-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Okay its not really a generator, but its a photoshop file with all the ASM colors and molds, except the dice mold.
Check it out

ASM_Mockups.psd.zip (http://homepage.mac.com/jchotiner/.cv/jchotiner/Public/ASM_mockup.psd.zip-link.zip)

TenPercenter
03-01-2005, 10:42 AM
this is way cool. now i just need to learn more about photoshop.

ten

TabascoJRC
03-01-2005, 10:49 AM
I forgot to mention how to use it although it is pretty self explanitory.
Turn on a layer for a mold, but only one layer, all others must be off becuase it is kinda transparent.

Then turn on one color in the edgespot and body folders.(make sure the bottom layer in both those folders is on)

IF you even have photoshop, then this should be easy enough to do, but worth explaining anyway.

ps the colors are pulled from the website directly, but as with all things colored on the web there is some margin for error.

msb
03-01-2005, 11:22 AM
This is really great... but it looks like you forgot the Black body color.

Again, this is perfect, as I'm getting ready to order some of these chips... thanks a bunch!

toots
03-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Seems to work just fine in PaintShop Pro, too.

PSP, vs Photoshop

1) Cheaper
2) JASC (now, Corel, aka "the place where software goes to die") never had anyone thrown into jail

Johnny5
03-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow - nice job TabascoJRC!

It works great, and should help out a lot of people here!

J5

Medisin
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Good job, tnx /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TabascoJRC
03-01-2005, 12:33 PM
if cheap is the way you want to go GIMP is a great program.
Gotta love the open source community

msb
03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to work just fine in PaintShop Pro, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like PSP, too... but the layers don't quite translate well from this .psd file. In Photoshop, the Body, Edge and Molds are rolled up into their own folders (makes if very easy to quickly change). But in PSP, they are all over the place and I found it hard to follow.

ram1962
03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Ok. I feel like an idiot. I can't get the mock up to work in Paint Shop Pro. When I turn on the Edge Spot color, It just changes the whole chip's color. If I turn all the Edge Spot Layer Colors off, I can see the mask be I can't figure out how to get this file to work. Please help the Graphically impaired.

Thanks,

TabascoJRC
03-03-2005, 11:41 AM
wish i could help but i never use psp

sin808
03-04-2005, 10:02 PM
very cool, and will be of great help. Now I just need to figure out how to work photoshop enough to use it. If anyone wants to help out in that respect I'd appreciate it. My ability ceases at playing with filters.

sin808
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
n/m on the help, got it figured out. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kripke
03-04-2005, 11:17 PM
This is great - very very cool, thanks!

One small request, could you briefly explain how to add the color black to the color layers?

- Kripke

TabascoJRC
03-05-2005, 02:07 AM
if your using photoshp, select the bottom most color,
then in the layers palatte, at the bottom click on the circle (half black, half white) and choose new solid color.
then choose your black.

jojobinks
03-06-2005, 03:47 AM
i'm getting this message:

could not open the document because of a program error

photoshop has been working fine. anyone have any idea what this means?

RobMay
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I've got a really obvious question (to me, anyway) ... but I'm new so I've got nothing to lose! So shoot me down!

How about a thread (or a link to a file or page) that shows pictures of every combination of colours and edge spots ... all in one place for easy comparison. Or at least start with the popular combinations and build it from there.

I'm talking of course about using this generator thing to create such a thread, which people could then add to by submitting photos of their chips to go with the mock-ups, so we can also see what the colours look like in real life. Between everyone who has custom chips, there must be almost every combination out there somewhere. I've seen loads of great pics on these forums - why not bring them all together in the same place, sorted so that similar colours are side by side.

We'd also be able to see everyone's custom centre designs in one place as well. It would rival that frustratingly limited slideshow thing they have on pokerchips.com ...

... or maybe I should be emailing them instead and asking them to represent their own products a bit better! (they won't even send me samples, living in the UK)

Rob

TabascoJRC
03-07-2005, 10:25 AM
great idea
now all you gotta do is take the time to output all the pictures /images/graemlins/wink.gif

RobMay
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Okay ... watch this space ...

Fins
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
great idea
now all you gotta do is take the time to output all the pictures /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And then do it again when you get your white & black chip scans... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

... which you know won't happen until he posts /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Call PC... they might even commission you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

- Fins

TabascoJRC
03-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Well I emailed them for some better pictures, they said they didn't have any.
I am trying to get some samples too. But in the mean time I am waiting for some scans from others.
-J

prez2024
03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How about a thread (or a link to a file or page) that shows pictures of every combination of colours and edge spots ... all in one place for easy comparison. Or at least start with the popular combinations and build it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any word on this suggestion happening? Sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately I don't have photoshop or print shop plus, so I can do nothing more than be grateful for any mockups you fine group of folks present.

RobMay
03-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm messing about with photoshop and Tabasco's generator at the mo, creating mock-ups for red, green and black chip (the colours I'd like for my own set) with every spot colour ... so I'll post the results of those in a bit!

wabe
03-10-2005, 12:50 AM
If anyone could walk me through building these mockups in the Gimp, I could build some mockups as well.

Civiliste
03-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I just made one in Photoshop CS for the King's Crown chips from T.R. King. It's not hard.

I had never used Photoshop for anything harder than burning/dodging, color corrections, and red-eye touchup on photographs, and it took me about a day to figure out how to make a working mockup template.

The trick is getting the neutral gray for the mold base to show through the color overlays.

I wish I could help you with whatever GIMP is, but if it's similar to Photoshop, send me some PM's asking your question. You may also want to send some to Tabasco, since it seems like he originated this concept. I also have a close friend that is a graphic layout editor for an ad company, and she's a Photoshop whiz. If I can't answer your questions, she probably can.

-Zak

wabe
03-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I appreciate the help; I think the main problem is that GIMP has different names for tools than Photoshop, and may not represent layers in exactly the same way, so I don't know how much you'll be able to help. I'll drop you a PM or two, though.

Thank you.