PDA

View Full Version : TT vs LAG

Nick Royale
03-01-2005, 08:40 AM
MP1 is LAG (PFR 14%, VPIP ~45%, AF ~3). SB is unknown. Like it?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

spydog
03-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Are you dumping this to a raise? If not, then you should just 3-bet the flop.

Nick Royale
03-01-2005, 08:55 AM
I figured this will very often be the play of 2 overs with 1 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. If so he'll have 50% equity on the flop. Along with the risk of him having an over pair I thought that was enough to not 3-bet the flop. On the turn my equity will go up if he holds overs + /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and since I didn't want to give a freecard I betted.

You think 3-betting the flop for info would be better if I'm not planning to fold the turn to a raise?
EDIT: to make a turn fold safer...

I think I would have folded the turn to a raise, not sure it would have been a safe fold though...

jt1
03-01-2005, 09:00 AM
I'd have capped the flop and called down to a re-raise on the turn.

Nick Royale
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I think 3-betting the flop only would be good if you then could fold the turn to a raise.

spydog
03-01-2005, 09:09 AM
He probably caps preflop with an overpair better than TT.

I like 3-betting this flop because I think I'm ahead and I have no problem check-folding the turn or river if another diamond hits.

Nick Royale
03-01-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like 3-betting this flop because I think I'm ahead and I have no problem check-folding the turn or river if another diamond hits.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think we have equity to 3-bet this, but to make a fold on the turn safe it might be worth it.

HajiShirazu
03-01-2005, 10:29 AM
My feeling is that you are probably an underdog with 3 players in on this flop if MP1 holds the type of hand that you think he holds (and is likely to hold) so I would just call the raise on the flop.
LAG players never take a freecard here so I would be inclined to checkraise the turn since this is a great card for you, but fold if SB checkraised LAG's bet. I would call down a player with those stats if 3-bet on the turn but perhaps a fold would be in order, I think it's a close call as I have seen aggros play 88/99 with a diamond or AKo with a diamond like it's the nuts on these flops time and again.