PDA

View Full Version : John McCain

thatpfunk
03-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Is there any chance of him running in '08?

Liberals, how would you feel about him on a ticket?

And Conservatives?

jokerthief
03-01-2005, 05:23 AM
I doubt it, he'll be 72.

[censored]
03-01-2005, 05:24 AM
He is for sure running in 08 and I don't think his age will be much of an issue. If I remember right he is 69 now which seems old but people live to be much older these days.

As a conservative I think he would be a good change from Bush (who I like and support) and would help grow an even bigger majority party

jokerthief
03-01-2005, 05:35 AM
I think Giuliani would be a stronger canidate. I think that Rice will get the nod though. We should have woman on woman action in 08.

[censored]
03-01-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Giuliani would be a stronger canidate. I think that Rice will get the nod though. We should have woman on woman action in 08.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be happy with any one of the three. The GOP should have a really strong field in 08.

slickpoppa
03-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I am a Democratic leaning independent, but McCain, along with Guliani, is one of the few Republicans that I would not mind being president. Unfortunately, it seems like nowadays religious nuts have the best chances of making it through the Republican primaries.

Matty
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Neither McCain or Guliani could make it through the Republican primaries.

3rdEye
03-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I thought that the conventional wisdom was that McCain will run in '08.

I'm no fan of McCain, because of the way he shat on the Constitution with his campaign finance reform nonsense.

slickpoppa
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is for sure running in 08 and I don't think his age will be much of an issue. If I remember right he is 69 now which seems old but people live to be much older these days.

As a conservative I think he would be a good change from Bush (who I like and support) and would help grow an even bigger majority party

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it, age will probably be a huge factor in McCain not being a viable candidate. Parties want 2 term candidates and McCain would be 81 by the time his hypotheitcal term is over. A lot of people live past 81 nowadays, but a lot don't. It's not that uncommon to develop cancer around 75 and be dead in 2 years.

jaxmike
03-01-2005, 05:05 PM
I do not support John McCain. I would support other Republicans and about 2 Democrats, but thats about it.

Edge34
03-01-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't think Hillary Rodham has any chance if she runs in 08...of course, then again, I didn't think NY would elect her as a Senator. What's supposed to make her such a great choice besides the fact that the Dems think they'll have a better chance with the Clinton name back in the fold?

What am I missing here? I'm trying to keep up with all this - but it seems both difficult to call and kinda trivial. President Bush just started his second term and we're already predicting his successor? Also, I've heard Obama's name thrown around - what about him?

jaxmike
03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
he has no chance in 08, maybe later, but not in 08.

[censored]
03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Unless say Guilani who could use the VP experience for a term was his running mate.

TransientR
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I think McCain will run. Why else would he have sold his soul to Bush and Rove by campaigning for W after what they did to him in the 2000 republican primaries?

What do I think of him? I don't care much for him. He has nothing insightful to say; no more interesting than any of the other established suits you see on Sunday political TV: Biden, Warner etc..

And his age is an issue. He has suffered from numerous skin cancers.

Frank

AngryCola
03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
McCain is the only big party politician that I am a fan of right now.

AngryCola
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
campaign finance reform nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Honestly, this is still the biggest problem with American politics.