PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Blinds Hand

ALL1N
03-01-2005, 03:53 AM
I've openraised in the SB at the last two opportunities, and the BB, who appears to be TAG, has folded on the flop both times. He's 31/19 after 50 odds hands.

10/20 Party
I openraise T /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif in SB. He calls

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet, he raises, and I call.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check, call.

Rive: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet.

mperich
03-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Fold turn. I like the river bet tho, since u made it that far.

kiddo
03-01-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've openraised in the SB at the last two opportunities, and the BB, who appears to be TAG, has folded on the flop both times.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is TAG he dont like to be pushed around. Since u pushed him around twice recently he is not likely to let you do it again. If this is so, raising T5 out of position is really bad. Also, since flop is so drawish he will call river with A high.

Why do u think u can push around a 31/19 a third time with nothing at all out of position? Third time u need a better hand then the first 2.

Fold preflop, call his flopraise, fold turn. Riverbet is ok, no other way to take it down.

ToneLoc
03-01-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, call his flopraise, fold turn. Riverbet is ok, no other way to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sums it up... to be honest though, he will call you down with any ace... hope it worked...

stripsqueez
03-01-2005, 07:48 AM
i'm excited about folding pre-flop given the history

i think the river bet is dodgy - presumably you primarily called the turn to bet the river but what hand are you representing ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ALL1N
03-03-2005, 09:27 AM
He folded the river.

It seems the preflop and turn actions caused issues. Regarding preflop, I guess it's to do with your style of taking advantage of weakness.

In B+M, I think fold preflop is right: if the BB wasn't tough enough headsup, I would profit the most by prolonging his errors over an evening and not giving him a chance to improve. Online, however, the turnover of tables is pretty regular, and so I'm much more concerned about immediate profit.

T5s is at the lower end of my standard stealing range against a TAG, and I didn't want to stop hammering until he showed he could tough it out with a resteal or king-high calldown etc etc.

On the turn, yes, I called with the intention of bluffing a lot of rivers. It is clearly not a value call. I'm just pretty certain that the turn raise here is mostly a resteal or semi-resteal (if you will /images/graemlins/smile.gif). I feel he would have raised a real hand on the flop, and just called down with a weak showdownable hand, since I appeared LAG at this time.