PDA

View Full Version : Update on ChrisV's Tracking Software?

iMsoLucky0
03-01-2005, 03:12 AM
Hey Chris, care to enlighten us as to your progress on the program you were talking about?

I know I am anxiously anticipating its release and I will be one of your first customers.

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Chris, care to enlighten us as to your progress on the program you were talking about?

I know I am anxiously anticipating its release and I will be one of your first customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he finished it earlier tonight. Just in time to spar with Daliman.

Chris never misses a good spar -- that's way -EV.

Yugoslav

ChrisV
03-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Heh. I did the database schema and that's as far as it got.

I will not have time to do it for a pretty long time as I am pretty busy at work at the moment. Although not too busy to argue with Daliman, obviously.

SuitedSixes
03-01-2005, 04:00 AM
How about your application so that you can play more than 4 tables at a time on a monitor? That would be awesome!

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Although not too busy to argue with Daliman, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguments with Dali are +EV for all involved and fun for the whole family!

And sitting on the sidelines is like having chips being dumped all over the table in a 1-3 payout structure SNG -- you're just gaining by watching the fun!

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about your application so that you can play more than 4 tables at a time on a monitor? That would be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called buyinganewmonitor.exe, I'll be coming out with it in a few weeks in order to upstage Easty and Chris, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
03-01-2005, 04:07 AM
The demand for something like that would be huge.

david050173
03-01-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called buyinganewmonitor.exe, I'll be coming out with it in a few weeks in order to upstage Easty and Chris, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I have actually been thinking about this app recently. Party and the skins UI blows chunks. I am not sure how legal it is to do since my app would look just like a bot. I bet party would have issues when they take a picture of your desktop and see that thier windows are all minimized.
Features I want
-medium view (windows will be about 400*300) so you can do 4 tables and read 2+2 at the same time on your 2001fp
--Game hide - I don't want to play a seven card stud sng so hide them. I hate limit SNGS:)
--Auto seat for sngs. I tell it I want to play a 20+2 and it seats me automatically. No more seat bingo
-- filter of any chat that is spam:)

Technically it is a about a month of weekends work to get it all done. Not sure if I want to risk pissing off party though. Reading thier terms of service was a bit unclear about the legality of this type of app. I would write thier customer service but I doubt I would get a usefull answer.

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The demand for something like that would be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know...

It's putting Michael Dell's great-great-grandkids through college in however many years.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
03-01-2005, 04:51 AM
I've never played on UB, I think they have a mini-view or something like that. But to be able to play a table from left to right rather than clockwise and fit 8-12 "tables" on one 1600x1200 would be amazingly useful.

I don't know how much Party would do about it with apps like GameTime+ or whatever it's called that mods the table.

I hope it doesn't happen soon, because I want to be able to justify buying a big Dell or two, but that would truly be the "bigger moustrap."

WarDekar
03-01-2005, 05:54 AM
If it were written well with a good UI and such, would people be willing to pay a small fee for it? I bet I could write something up, not sure how long it'd take me but it shouldn't be too hard just a little time consuming.

Hood
03-01-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aiming to get my SNG Tracker released for beta testing in approx. a week. Everything is 'working' and I'm using if for my tracking. Just need add in a few more features and tidy it up a bit.

eastbay
03-01-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aiming to get my SNG Tracker released for beta testing in approx. a week. Everything is 'working' and I'm using if for my tracking. Just need add in a few more features and tidy it up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any info on what yours does that PT doesn't?

eastbay

Hood
03-01-2005, 06:52 AM
The initial release will be pretty much what the 2005 SNG spreadsheet does. The first release will only have a couple of features over what the spreadsheet has:

- Automatic importing of data (and watching of directories)
- Quick filtering of data (quickly see what your stats are for only 20+2 tournies, or on fridays, or the last month only etc)

It certainly doesn't replace PT - it's for SNGs only, and doesn't report on data on a per-hand basis (though this is certainly something I'm interested in looking at on the next version), or on opponent's play.

SuitedSixes
03-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I would be willing to pay more than a small fee.

rickr
03-01-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Features I want
-medium view (windows will be about 400*300) so you can do 4 tables and read 2+2 at the same time on your 2001fp
--Game hide - I don't want to play a seven card stud sng so hide them. I hate limit SNGS:)
--Auto seat for sngs. I tell it I want to play a 20+2 and it seats me automatically. No more seat bingo
-- filter of any chat that is spam:)

[/ QUOTE ]
I would pay decent money for just the auto seating feature, so my answer is yes.

Later,
Rick

WarDekar
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I'll get on it ASAP as I could probably put it to good use as well. Any preferences on the layout? Similar to UBs collapsed view?

My goal would be to have them in 400x300 so for instance on my 1920x1200 WS laptop I could have 4 on the right side and still have plenty (1520x1200!!!) of screen real-estate. Ideally even 400x150 would be nice, offering 8 tables just on the right 3rd of my screen.

ChrisV
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Try QuickSeat (http://www.texasholdemstrategiesonline.com/Setup.exe). I saw this the other day in Party spam. It sets a default buyin for ring games and a maximum buyin for tourneys. Then when you click a seat, if it's a ring game seat it auto-seats you for the amount given, and if it's a tourney seat and the buyin isn't greater than the max buyin you gave, it auto-seats you. No more scrambling to click checkboxes before the seat disappears.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with this product. It's vaguely possible it's some kind of trojan.

david050173
03-01-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try QuickSeat (http://www.texasholdemstrategiesonline.com/Setup.exe). I saw this the other day in Party spam. It sets a default buyin for ring games and a maximum buyin for tourneys. Then when you click a seat, if it's a ring game seat it auto-seats you for the amount given, and if it's a tourney seat and the buyin isn't greater than the max buyin you gave, it auto-seats you. No more scrambling to click checkboxes before the seat disappears.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with this product. It's vaguely possible it's some kind of trojan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to use/buy spam ware on general principals. I also think that anyone who pays for anything advertised by spam should be shot so that there is less incentive for people to keep spamming. Just my opinion...

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I refuse to use/buy spam ware on general principals. I also think that anyone who pays for anything advertised by spam should be shot so that there is less incentive for people to keep spamming. Just my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

This has the added benefit of curbing the overpopulation of the world.

I like it.

Yugoslav
(who really doesn't like it)