PDA

View Full Version : Is this a weak tight fold? (big blind special)

LooseAggressive
03-01-2005, 02:37 AM
I tried to get this hand history sent to my email from paradise but I didn't get it.

In any case, I'm playing 5max .5/1 NL on paradise. I've got a bit of a loose image because I'm winning alot of pots without a showdown, but I'm consistantly showing down winners.

Hero: ~150
CO:~125
Button: ~50

I'm delt 23o in the BB, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, CO limps, Button limps, SB folds, I check.

FLOP: 237r pot(3.50)
Hero leads for 2.50, CO calls, Button raises to 5, Hero raises to 10, CO raises to 22.50, Button calls, Hero folds after considering for a long amount of time.

The turn and river are unimportant to the discussion.

How badly did I play this hand?

TrailofTears
03-01-2005, 03:15 AM
Not very. I like your line a lot, and especially the fold after CO wakes up and BB calls. Nice bet, nice raise, nice fold. All around nicely played.

-Trail

pottie
03-01-2005, 04:47 AM
Interesting hand... difficult fold but a good one

Any results? (My guess a set and maybe a slowplayed KK)

LooseAggressive
03-01-2005, 10:12 AM
The button had 45 and missed his straight and the CO had JJ. My 23 would have held. Oh well.

djoyce003
03-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm thinking its a good fold, but wouldn't be surprised to see an overpair here from one of your opponents like 88 or something...something he would maybe just limp with but think that it's good. Him calling then waking up with a raise looks really really ominous. You know he's not in there with 7 3 or 7 2, but he could easily have limped with 77....probably his most likely holding here. This hand looks like it might get real expensive and you are either slightly ahead or way behind here...I don't have a huge problem with folding, but wouldn't be surprised if you are ahead here.

Sam T.
03-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Anyone want to go for a check-raise here? In a villain's position, your initial bet just looks like a stab at the pot, and may not get much credit.

The CR will give anyone on overs a real bad feeling (Do I want to go broke to the BB in an unraised pot?), and if someone comes over the top of that, I think you can lay it down much more easily.

My two cents,

Sam