i get Q3o in the SB and spend T5 to complete after 3 limpers - the BB checks

flop is Q J 3 rainbow - i bet T60 and only the first limper calls

turn is a 4 - i bet T100 and other guy calls

river is a 7 - i bet T100 and other guy pushes

i started the hand with T985 and will have around T120 left if i call and lose

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

adanthar
03-01-2005, 03:36 AM
Either QJ, a (rivered?) set, some random Q or absolutely nothing.

Eh, you have pot odds.

curtains
03-01-2005, 06:47 AM
I would probably fold the river but I hate it.

SuitedSixes
03-01-2005, 07:11 AM
I ain't sayin' nothin'

<font color="white">This is why I muck this crap in the SB. He flopped 2 pair, led the action all the way down and still didn't like his hand when he got put all in. For every argument I've had about why I fold crap in the small blind for t5, this proves why. Thank you for posting this hand to confirm that the way I play is correct.</font>

http://www.carolynsandstrom.com/241_girl_with_hands_over_mouth.jpg

curtains
03-01-2005, 07:13 AM
I have no problem folding Q3o in the SB. I also don't have a problem calling (although I generally fold.)

stripsqueez
03-01-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I have no problem folding Q3o in the SB. I also don't have a problem calling (although I generally fold.)

[/ QUOTE ]

for T5 i think call is auto - assuming you can play post flop...

ChrisV
03-01-2005, 08:26 AM
I would have bet more on the turn and especially the river. As it is your betting looks pretty weak.

Given how it played out - either its a blatant steal with T9 or something, or he's been slowplaying you the whole way with QJ or a set. I think it's unlikely the 7 hit him and if it did Q7 and 77 are likely suspects. I don't like your odds that it's a pure steal, so I'd fold. You'll still have 710 which isn't bad.

stripsqueez
03-01-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet more on the turn and especially the river. As it is your betting looks pretty weak

[/ QUOTE ]

at the time this is what i thought - that made me call - he had some K high garbage

AA suited
03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first round of a $100+$9 - about hand 4

i get Q3o in the SB and spend T5 to complete after 3 limpers - the BB checks

flop is Q J 3 rainbow - i bet T60 and only the first limper calls

turn is a 4 - i bet T100 and other guy calls

river is a 7 - i bet T100 and other guy pushes

i started the hand with T985 and will have around T120 left if i call and lose

[/ QUOTE ]

with 2pair on a raimbow flop, why is it better to bet out instead of check/call or check/raise?

adanthar
03-01-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with 2pair on a raimbow flop, why is it better to bet out instead of check/call or check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the rainbow flop is QJ3 and AQ, KQ and QJ all limp in the $109's on a regular basis, while there's no way on the planet any of them put you on Q3o.

ChrisV
03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
If they have something like QT, you want to bet out so you have the initiative and can keep increasing the pain. If you checkraise you may tip them off that their hand is no good. The other major problem with checking is that it may check round. This is bad because (1) People may have hands like K9, T8 etc and (2) Your chances of getting much money in the pot on the remaining streets are not good, because the pot is so small.

bweiser8311962
03-01-2005, 08:48 PM
read a good piece of advice: don't go broke in an unraised (preflop) pot.

someone probably has a set. i would fold. q/j is also a very strong possibility. your hand is OK, but weak. no reason to risk this many chips at this point.

stripsqueez
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
read a good piece of advice: don't go broke in an unraised (preflop) pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean dont push a hand like this unless you hit huge ? - my rule of thumb is not to risk my stack unless i'm beating slowplayed AA - i could play tighter but the chook factor early is high