PDA

View Full Version : I'm Butchering KK Hands Left and Right This Month

jjb108
03-01-2005, 01:52 AM
OK, I've played well the last 6 months overall. I've moved up to .5/1 and 1/2 with deeper stacks. I've tended to bet too strong in the past and have been trying to bet less but still charge possible draws to hang around. I'm running into a few problems with more suck-outs than I am used to. I'm losing money with KK this month due to some very crappy play that I can analyze myself...now to the question at hand.

Question: What am I seeing here?

Here's an example

4 handed .5/1 NL ~100BB stack for villian and me.

I'm SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif

villian is 80% vpip pfr of 0.98 and not aggressive.
This session I'm vpip 29% PF raise 11%.

villian limps UTG, button folds I raise to $5.50 (seems too high and likely to result in a fold)

Villian calls. I give him credit for a decent hand.
Pot $12

Flop is
6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me I bet 3/4 pot $8 villian raises $8 back...min raise? what does he think I have? What does he have? At the time I think the flop missed him. A set raises here more right? Flush draw has the odds to call...I don't if I'm behind.

Pot $36...I call the $8. Pot $44

Turn A/images/graemlins/club.gif

I no longer like my hand and I shut down. I check. villian bets $9. Should I let this go now. Should I have dropped on the reraise. ~6:1

I call. Pot $62. Is he on a Heart draw? I should have raised I think. OK...I don't know where to go with this.

River 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check villian bets $10. With 6:1 I call.

Given my losing with KK a lot, I'm playing it horribly. Not sure if I should have been more aggresive here or not.

joewatch
03-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Preflop - fine
Flop - this is a fold or re-raise situation. Calling is too weak.

If you think villain has 88, obviously fold.
If you think villain has flush draw, (mostly likely AKs or AJs), reraise to $40.

Turn - you are done with the hand. Check-fold.

jjb108
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
What is the thinking on the reraise? Pot is big enough to take down now and I don't want to see an A or a heart on the turn. So a pot size bet should eliminate any draws.

smartalecc5
03-01-2005, 07:17 PM
I once heard if yu are going to call a bet, you mine as well bet it. You get the extra equity. (was that FTOP??)

So, I would bet $10 on turn, and if raised fold.