PDA

View Full Version : Isolating an agressive player 2: Pocket TTs

jai
09-15-2002, 04:37 PM
Same game as my post below, with over-aggressive player on my right. This hand I'm in SB with black TT. UTG+2 limps, UTG+3 limps, Agressive player on button raises. The limpers are loose-passive, any 2 suited types. I 3-bet because I think I have the best hand and would like to get the limpers out. Of course, they call, and the button caps.

Flop is:

Jd 9s 4h

I bet, UTG+2 calls, UTG+3 folds, button raises. Hmm, I think about three betting, but I am no longer sure my hand is best. I call to see what develops. Turn is:

Qh (Jd 9s 4h).

I've picked up a straight draw, but still I check. Checked around! Now I put button on something like AK, but I have no idea what the limper has. River brings:

6d (Qh Jd 9s 4h)

I check (should I have bet here?), UTG+2 bets, button folds. I think for awhile and call. UTG+2 shows K5s for king-high, and my hand is good.

Comments?

09-15-2002, 05:42 PM
You played the hand very well, I think you either raise or fold in the SB, raising being the right move.

Dynasty
09-15-2002, 07:06 PM
The limpers are loose-passive...I 3-bet because I...would like to get the limpers out

When waiting for an elevator, are you one of those guys who push the button about twenty-seven times thinking the elevator will get there faster if you do? Do you beep your car horn endlessly when stuck in a traffic jam thinking that will make everyone in front of you get out of the way?

3-betting isn't necessarily wrong. But, that reason for doing it certainly is. I would usually call in that spot.

I would consider checkraising the flop rather than betting out.

On the river, you've got a value bet. Betting the turn can't be that wrong either. You let the button's aggressive play slow you down. He may get that advantage against you often enough to make his over-aggressiveness profitable against you.

BTW, passive players don't typically bet the river with King-high so you may want to change your read of that player.