PDA

View Full Version : AKs hand (very little content)

Marquis
03-01-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm not one to make bad beat posts, but this one seemed rather exceptional. I'm not really one to play no limit either, or to post in this forum, etc. Comments welcome:

$10 NL at UltimateBet

7 handed. The button is at seat 6.

Hero posts the small blind of $.05.

Hero: Kd Ad

Pre-flop:

5 folds. villain calls. Hero raises to $.40. BB folds. villain calls.

Flop (board: 4d Js Ks):

Hero checks. villain bets $.90. Hero
raises to $1.80. villain calls.

Turn (board: 4d Js Ks Kh):

Hero bets $2.50. villain calls.

River (board: 4d Js Ks Kh As):

Hero bets $5. villain goes all-in for $3.15.
Hero is returned $1.85 (uncalled).

Showdown:

Hero has Kd Ad Ks Kh As: full house, kings full of aces.
villain has Ts Qs Js Ks As: straight flush, ace high.

villain wins $15.05 with straight flush, ace high.

kamjah
03-01-2005, 01:47 AM
That is a rough one, Id be happy this wasnt a higher limit game. To me it seems like its a hand where you were destined to lose. On that flop, the villain had so many outs, i probably would have called that hand down to the river, especially in such a low limit. I guess however if you take it into perspective, he did call a 8xbb raise (with respect to the blinds) with Q10s, an increidbly marginal hand. But im guess you wanted all the money as possible in that pot with your hand on the river. Bad beat indeed.

TheWorstPlayer
03-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Bad beat, but you should have been all-in on the turn. Flop min-raise is bad, mmmkay?

TrailofTears
03-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Screwed royally.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not one to make bad beat posts, but this one seemed rather exceptional. I'm not really one to play no limit either, or to post in this forum, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your candor is appreciated.

-Trail

Marquis
03-01-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad beat, but you should have been all-in on the turn. Flop min-raise is bad, mmmkay?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a better flop play?