PDA

View Full Version : What on earth do you put this guy on?

MisterKing
03-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Villian has a VP$IP of 31, and a PFR% of 0 over about 50 hands... AT-TOT of 1.1... haven't seen any showdowns as yet, but for a 30+ he doesn't look too far out of line. If anything, he may be a loose/weakie. While I think the flop is standard, I gather the turn and river are read-dependent here, and wonder what you expert-type-folks might have done as far as actions on these streets?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

AJ, a four flush, or OESD seems likely here, no? I'd prefer not to build the pot against the latter two hands (and thus have the ability to force them out on the turn), but can't just check once its checked to me. Once I see the C/R, I feel like raising is very reasonable -- charge'em, right?

Turn: (6.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

I pondered a check behind here -- lots of hands are raising me (and have me drawing mighty thin!) and I'd hate to have it come to that. Nonetheless, I reasoned that this guy was more likely to have AJ or a four flush than anything else, so I threw in $10.

River: (8.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Crappy card in numerous respects. Can't think of too many hands that will call that I can beat... (A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif maybe)

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

mantasm
03-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah, AJ or maybe KJ seems like the only likely holdings for this dude. No reason to bet that river.

Harv72b
03-01-2005, 02:40 AM
KQ might also play this hand as he did...the flop c/r makes sense as it could clean up some of his overcard outs. And based on the stats you have on him, he seems like a good candidate to limp KQ UTG. I just bring this up because KQ might call a river bet here as well (although a loose/weak player probably wouldn't, having determined that pretty much any PFR hand now beats him).

But, adding one more possible holding to his leger doesn't make me any more enthusiastic about betting this river. I think you played it well.

MisterKing
03-01-2005, 03:02 AM
thanks, guys &amp; gals. FWIW, he showed AA (???) and took the pot. That's how its runnin' for me these days... but glad to have played the hand ok.