PDA

View Full Version : Xbox high definition pack

Moyer
03-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Anyone have one of these? I helped a friend hook one up and I don't think it made a bit of frickin difference. I don't get it. All the reviews I've read say that it's great and it makes a huge difference.

The sound greatly improved after we hooked up an optic cable for dolby digital, but visually I don't think anything changed when playing games.

It's hooked up to a 50" Panasonic TV w/ HD compatibility up to 1080i. I changed the settings on the xbox so it says YES under 480i, 1080i, etc.

Is the HD pack just not that great or did we hook it up wrong? Do you have to watch DVDs on it to notice the difference?

riffraff
03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Most games will support it. You will see it make use of your entire widescreen. Big difference in games like Madden or NHL where you can see extra players and field on the sides. The tecmo games look great as well.

BusterStacks
03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
you need to play a HD game to notice. Try Halo 1 on a regular set, then a HD set.

3rdEye
03-01-2005, 01:18 AM
It made a big difference in the video quality on my friend's HDTV, but only for certain games.

It shouldn't really matter for DVD's, since they aren't HD anyway.

astroglide
03-01-2005, 02:06 AM
you need to play a game that supports 720p or 1080i to actually have it in hd, and they're not all that common. try tony hawk's underground 2 in widescreen.