PDA

View Full Version : AA utg.

ZebraAss
03-01-2005, 12:53 AM
50/5 tournament at 10/15

AA utg. I limp. 7 limpers!!! Yep, what a waist.

Do you bet 90-115 range with AA utg every time?

PS: The very next hand UTG raised to 150 ang got 4 callers /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

citanul
03-01-2005, 01:57 AM
No, I don't raise utg every time with AA, even at the 50/5 level. I probably raise at the 10s and 20s, I can't remember any more really.

The 50s I think is about the level where some kind of deception becomes at all worthwhile. People start to think things like "hey, that guy raised utg, maybe pushing with 22 is a bad idea." they might still push with 22, i didn't say they were rocket scientists. my point being that at the 10s and 20s, as far as i can tell, people see a pair in lp, even behind a raise (or a push) and they go "WOOOHOOO, this is one of the best hands in holdem, i know cuz it said so on tv, LET'S ROLL'EM!!!" they think this as well with hands like A2. and they think it often enough that it's not worthwhile disguising your hand very much.

At the 50s, it's much less likely you get a caller or reraiser with an utg raise than with an utg limp, and higher than that, well, at the 200s, it might be that when you limp utg early on, and esp later on, they instantly give you credit for a big hand, since it's so strange.

citanul

wiggs73
03-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Conversely, I like to limp UTG w/ AA at the lower level buy-ins. I can't tell you how many times I've been raised by another PP, push and get called. It seems to me, the worse the players are, the less 'odd' it seems for you to limp under the gun. Of course, I have no experience above the 20+2 level, so I could be way off... just commenting on citanul's statements about the cheaper SNGs.

Bluff Daddy
03-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Limp pushing w/ aces has worked alot for me at the 10's