Paul2432
03-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200

Hero (t1765)
MP (t2060)
Button (t1850)
SB (t1880)
BB (t2445)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hereo raises t1765

Too aggressive? Table seemed pretty tight.

Paul

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200

Hero (t1765)
MP (t2060)
Button (t1850)
SB (t1880)
BB (t2445)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hereo raises t1765

Too aggressive? Table seemed pretty tight.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems too agressive to me.

Yugoslav

ZebraAss
03-01-2005, 12:51 AM
I get caught with stuff like that A LOT. But for me it all depends on the situation.
- Did you just show a strong hand when you pushed from BB when there were 2 limpers?
- Are they folding good hands to all in bets?
- etc.

The situation you are in is the most important aspect to evaluate because if you get called all you can do is pray.

Paul2432
03-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the replies. I got called by AA and won the hand with two pair. Of course I got berated for the play, which gave me a good laugh.

The only hand I had shown down before this was a flopped set vs KK (I raised from the CO to 75 (15/30 blinds) with 55, and button min-reraised. I called and flopped a set. He went all-in, I called)

It sounds like a borderline situation, best avoided, but OK if the table conditions are right.

Paul

kamrann
03-01-2005, 01:35 AM
I dont think it's borderline at all, way too big a risk. If the blinds were 200-400, then I *might* consider it. Anything less and you're just risking a healthy stack to steal an amount that won't really improve your stack significantly anyway.

The Yugoslavian
03-01-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. I got called by AA and won the hand with two pair. Of course I got berated for the play, which gave me a good laugh.

The only hand I had shown down before this was a flopped set vs KK (I raised from the CO to 75 (15/30 blinds) with 55, and button min-reraised. I called and flopped a set. He went all-in, I called)

It sounds like a borderline situation, best avoided, but OK if the table conditions are right.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't AA. If you're only called by AA you can just wait till level 4 or 5 and just start pushing everything and anything.

The problem is all those other cards they might call you with.

There are many other considerations that make this a clear fold -- unless perhaps the table is *uber* tight calling but *uber* agressive raising first in. I can't think of a table stunted enough that I've played on to warrant a push here.

Yugoslav

jbc
03-01-2005, 05:15 AM
I agree with the others - I don't like this play here. Blinds are too small, and you risk breaking TJ's rule - "Never go broke in an unraised pot".

jbc

mackthefork
03-01-2005, 05:58 AM
The way I see it, its only slightly too aggressive because he still has enough to not need to do this with 100/200 blinds. I would honestly prefer QTs to KJs though for domination reasons. Also someone said it might be a push if the blinds were 200/400, for what its worth I think it would be a very easy push in this spot.

Regards Mack

curtains
03-01-2005, 06:12 AM
I believe it's too aggressive. You have plenty of chips and 4 players left to act after you. If you wait a round you will still have plenty of chips to force people to fold, meanwhile all kinds of great things can happen in the meantime. You could get a more legitimate hand, players could bust, etc etc.

It's surely not absurd to move allin, but I think you'll get called too often here to make it +ev.