PDA

View Full Version : Goofy 1/2 action,

elnino12
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Sat down a few minutes ago, so no real reads. I get dealt AK offsuit in MP2. Instead of raising to 8, I raise to 84 (!!) by accident...MP3 thinks for a while and just calls. No other callers. I have about $116 left, and villain has me covered.

Flop is Q Q 6 rainbow. Is this a must push? Or should I just check-fold to a large bet and forget my 84 dollars?

-Nino

jonnyUCB
03-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Fold it. Same crap has happened to me before, which is why i resort to using the slide scroll for a lot of bets.

Sup Nino /images/graemlins/wink.gif

gorgeous
03-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Check-fold. You are only ahead of AJ, KJ and worse (these hands do not seem likely w/ MP3's preflop call). Likely hands (any pair, AQ, KQ, etc.) will probably call.

amoeba
03-01-2005, 12:24 AM
do you think he folds AK or KK here if you push?

elnino12
03-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Howdy UCB,

But it'd be so fun to push /images/graemlins/smile.gif Seriously though, what hands would call a push on this flop after flat-calling $84 preflop? The only hand with a Q would be QQ. 66 is out of the question. I might get KK to fold, and I could certainly get JJ or AKs to fold. I think there is some (maybe) folding equity here, but who knows--I wish I had played with this guy before. Interesting results to come.

-Nino

jonnyUCB
03-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Do you really think anyone would call half their stack away preflop without at least KK? Furthermore, people could read right through your bet. I might make the bet with AQ here but if you had a Q I don't know that you'd play it that way.

You'd need some extreme reads to be able to induce a fold here (Maybe he hit call on accident.. hahah)