PDA

View Full Version : Need help developing my idea.

The4Aces
02-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Hello i am in the prossess of developing a software program that during a hand tells you what type of hand the player you are playing agasist plays in a certian situation. Basically the program will be you click a button and it will tell you other situations like th eone you are playing and what your opponent did (check, raise, ect). The only problem is i am unable to figure out how to extract the data from party poker on what the cards on the flop are and what the pre-flop cards are. If someone can help me with this please PM me or contact me on here. thanks

daveymck
03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Not a programmer but it can be done, need to "scrape the screen" somehow.

I think there are past posts on this in the archive, try some searching.

The winholdembot was able to do it so it might be worth getting that and looking at the background software in that, also do some googling on bots, there is a site that has on the results that two college teams had creating bots and some of the programming techniques used to scrape the screen.

Rudbaeck
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a programmer but it can be done, need to "scrape the screen" somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The observed hand history is written line by line as it happens, so you just need to open it as a stream and read.

PSUinDC
03-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I've been shelling a notepad and copying text from there... what do you mean by opening as a stream?

Rudbaeck
03-01-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been shelling a notepad and copying text from there... what do you mean by opening as a stream?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many languages open a text file once, and don't notice that it gets written to after they opened. You can however in those case specify that the file is a stream, so it checks continously to see if EOF moved.

Prod1gy
03-01-2005, 06:22 PM
With party writing the Hand histories to files now, the absolute easiest way is to open a stream to that file and read from there, it appears to be written to the file real time. You can check this if you open the file in notepad in the middle of a hand. You will see the hand history up to the point you are currently in the hand.

The second easiest way is to use the SendMessage method of the Win32 API to get the text from the text area of the table where the hand history is written out.

The third and hardest in my opinion would be to do a screen scrap and then determine what cards are on the flop etc.

The4Aces
03-01-2005, 11:59 PM
where is the observed history locaeted at?

Prod1gy
03-02-2005, 01:18 AM
The hand history files for tables you are currently playing on are stored in <install directory>\HandHistory\<user name>\<date>

Example :
C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\HandHistory\MyUserName\20050301

The observed hand history files are stored during the observation in the <install directory>

Example :
C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\

They don't have really meaningful names. I have seen stuff like 801933.hh for the file names.

The4Aces
03-02-2005, 01:37 AM
thanks. When i go look at the file it says something like " Trny:10023599". how does this tourny relate to the real tourny #?

Prod1gy
03-02-2005, 01:46 AM
I don't think you can.

Why would you need observed hand history files anyways for what you are talking about doing?

The4Aces
03-02-2005, 02:15 AM
to know bet amounts and who is at table and level

illunious
03-02-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically the program will be you click a button and it will tell you other situations like th eone you are playing and what your opponent did (check, raise, ect).

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely advanced.

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem is i am unable to figure out how to extract the data from party poker on what the cards on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely easy.

BradleyT
03-02-2005, 03:39 AM
You'll need hundreds if not thousands of hands on an oppenent before you can start making non-guessing estimates.

Prod1gy
03-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Right but isn't this a table you are playing at? You don't want the observed tables in that case you want the hand history files located in the HandHistory directory, those are named by the current table you are on.

The4Aces
03-02-2005, 11:36 AM
i couldnt find any streaming flies in the hand history folder. the only streaming files i could fine were the ones you said earlier.

PSUinDC
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I really mean no offense to you, but I think that you have NO idea what you are getting into.

A friend of mine, and myself, having been working on a PokerTracker-like program that datamines and calculates statistics for PartyPoker and UltimateBet using a central database for all users hand histories. This project has taken HUNDREDS of man hours and a whole lot of planning.

The only reason that we have been doing it, is because we are in a building for our company that is basically a holding tank for people awaiting their security clearances. So, we had nothing better to do than program.

You seem like you have grandious visions of this super sweet program that tells you what to do every hand... and it would require an immense amount of programming and logic. Trust me when I say that your biggest problem isnt going to be getting the text from the screen.

I had to vent and get that off my chest... we've hit a bit of a roadblock in our own programming :-)