PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Americas Army?

Mr biggums
02-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Just seems to me to be an underrated game. Not many people I know play it as most people stick to cs.

Just wondering who plays it and if they like it.

Also for those who do play how do you like the new maps?

Caruso329
02-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Never played it because I heard it blows.

BonJoviJones
03-01-2005, 12:03 AM
I played it a long time ago. I really liked it. Very different from most FPS's... a lot slower and less twitchy.

Definatly not for everyone, but it was good for me.

nef
03-01-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah i play it quite a bit (55 honor). i like it, but it does have a bit of a learning curve, and the training turns some people off. also the round time turns many players off. It hurts new players who hate dieing and then waiting several minutes to rejoin the game. The flip side of that is that when you gain skill you get to play for a lot longer than you would in any given round of most other games.

I like both new maps, but woodland outpost is a little small for my taste. I would like more large open/outdoor maps (with less fog) similar to river basin. I like most of the maps, but I hate miles. Miles should only be a client enforced/parent control option, not a server option.

Its the best "free" game ever.

pshreck
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Funny thing is, its supposed to be some sort of training simulation created by the goverment... but its not realistic whatsoever.

Mr biggums
03-01-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is, its supposed to be some sort of training simulation created by the goverment... but its not realistic whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it to be pretty realistic, why do you say otherwise?

The round times are fine with me as you can watch other people play and learn from them. You can always have conversations with the people that play too.

pshreck
03-01-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hummm, a ton of the fighting is 2 soldiers all of a sudden running into eachother and blasting away like crazy until one of them dies, after being shot a trillion times (and only 1 hit registers).

Mr biggums
03-01-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hummm, a ton of the fighting is 2 soldiers all of a sudden running into eachother and blasting away like crazy until one of them dies, after being shot a trillion times (and only 1 hit registers).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who you are playing with but you must have really bad aim. Plus not all the shots will be hits as nobody has perfect aim combined with the recoil making it harder.bNot everything is like the movies where thye main character shoots once and the enemy is dead.

pshreck
03-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Im trying to point out why a game that is free is rarely played and disliked by most. The argument is not that it is 'too realistic', simply because the fights dont play out like any army battle on earth.