PDA

View Full Version : JJ 3-bet... ?

BusterStacks
02-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

comments. pls.

einbert
02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
This looks good to me.

Is there a particular street you're concerned about? In general I think your line is fine.

BusterStacks
02-28-2005, 10:11 PM
i just hate losing. always.

einbert
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want to fold this, the turn is probably the place to do it. I'm seeing a showdown though.

James282
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Cap preflop against an unknown.
-James

luckyharr
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
BB would have to be extremely passive for me to fold at any point. My usual line against an unknown would be to cap the flop and call down if he continues to bet on the turn. If BB checkraises the turn, I would let it go except when against an aggresive player.

Catch of the Day
02-28-2005, 10:22 PM
I think I would cap the flop, and bet out on a turn blank, and probably let it go if I am raised...

Catch-

ZootMurph
02-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Maybe I'm too aggressive, but I cap the flop and raise the turn if he bets at me again (regardless of the card). If he 3 bets the turn, then I'm calling down expecting to see a set or find out he's a lunatic.

James282
02-28-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really want to fold this, the turn is probably the place to do it. I'm seeing a showdown though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on the turn would be a huge disaster.
-James

einbert
02-28-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think folding anywhere is pretty bad, but on the flop we have odds to draw to our four-outer if we're behind. Assuming BB has us beat, why is the turn not the best place to fold?

krishanleong
02-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I'd cap and slow down if he lead the turn. Otherwise I think you have to raise the turn.

Krishan

krishanleong
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is absolutely horrible.

Krishan

krishanleong
02-28-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm too aggressive, but I cap the flop and raise the turn if he bets at me again (regardless of the card). If he 3 bets the turn, then I'm calling down expecting to see a set or find out he's a lunatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is too much action. You will get run over by sets, 2-pair hands if you do this.

Krishan

Wired Jokers
03-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Hmmm, interesing. My only problem would be the turn. I would tend to raise it here, call a three-bet, and call down. Bet the river if checked to.

Too laggy? I don't know. I know this is Party 5/10, which I've heard is tighter and more aggressive then the lower limits, but lately I have just seen some insane play online. Capping the flop and turn with middle pair, no kicker, idiot end straight draws, etc... Couldn't Villian be playing A /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif the same way? Any flush draw? TT? Hell, I've even seen lately AK being played this aggressively.

I call the flop 3 bet, and pop him on the turn if a non-ace or non-heart shows.

HajiShirazu
03-01-2005, 05:59 AM
On this garbage low card flop many aggros, even legitimate/decent aggros, will play any pair the same way since they won't believe you have it having seen the overcards raise so many times-hence a cap of the flop or a turn raise is in order.
Since some people might be able to fold their hand to a turn raise, or at least not call UI on the river, I prefer a cap on the flop as that keeps them calling to showdown in most cases and allows you to lose less against two pair/sets, which are still a possibility.

Nate tha' Great
03-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Too much hand to turn passive. I either cap the flop or raise the turn.

jt1
03-01-2005, 07:01 AM
I'd smile, call the 3 bet and raise the turn.

One note, if he re-raises the turn, do you call and fold the river unimproved? or call down?