PDA

View Full Version : question on this hand

slowbutwilling
02-28-2005, 09:23 PM
$300 max buyin 6 players. hero bb with AC 10C Sb decent player that likes to make moves and will carry them all the way but can lay a hand down also. Button total moron who calls down with A high and bottom pair quite often.
Hero $595
SB $750
Button $135
$2 $5 blinds
Button calls, SB raises to $25 I call button calls
Flop JC 8C 4D
SB checks I check button bets $55 Sb Raises to $110
I think for sure button will call So I call Button folds
Pot now $350
turn 6H
Sb bets $110 I call
River 7c
sb bets $50 I raise to $150 Sb calls and announces 2 pair J8

Not sure of my play in this hand, but was not sure if it was a move on flop to get heads up with moron or if it was a strong hand. SB turn bet just pulled me in.
Looking for comments

hukilai
02-28-2005, 10:48 PM
[newbie's opinion]:
Do decent players raise 5 bets in SB while holding J8s?
If he was decent and not totally wild, I would have fold preflop.
Flop call is close, but still OK.
Turn call is OK

tbach24
02-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Is the

[ QUOTE ]
[newbie's opinion]:

[/ QUOTE ]

Something 2+2 put in, or do you just feel like your opinion isn't as important?

jonnyUCB
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I believe you played marginally the whole hand: much too loose following pot odds. If the villian had a brain at all your flush would have no implied odds.

You had to call 110 on the flop to win

75 in the pot + 110 + 55 = 240. 2:1 odds on a 4:1 shot.

The turn is a total blank and the weakie SB doesnt push with top two. I guess he put u on a set and was scared or something as he realized no one who understood pot odds would call that much on a Flush draw with one to act behind you (did u consider the total moron could push on the flop?)

As it stands, think of it this way, where we'll assume you'll get to the river with this hand. Even if he wusses on the turn, say, if he has an overpair (where there is a larger possibility of him being beat), so you get a decent price for the river card, we must once again look at pot odds:

Your decision was calling 110 dollars. If you take it to the river you must win 330 dollars to make this call profitable (see why?). In this hand you made 355 in profit: thats as horrible a call as u can get. And this is all IF you get to the river.

Bottom line: fold the hand