PDA

View Full Version : Party Table Image Mod

garion888
02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I recently started using playerview...and I'm glad I did. I like the fact that it will calculate statistics based on more than one database. That is infinitely valuable to me.

In order to see the statistics coming from playerview i've been using the black background,no chairs mod I found somewhere on the net. Then I started mucking around with the Table image to see what i could get...here it is

http://www.geneseo.edu/~jap15/table.jpg

On the bottom left I put a condensed version of the starting hand chart(3-5 players per flop) for EP and MP. To save room I used the following slang
[ QUOTE ]

2S>T means Any two suited cards higher than Ten.
PP means any pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the dealer used to be, I put a highly condensed version of the LP starting hand chart. Add means "Add to the hands you play in middle position..."

On the left side of the table, I put an odds chart for the flop. The rows read

[ QUOTE ]
#of outs-pot odds to 1 needed to draw profitably

[/ QUOTE ] .

On the right side of the table is the Turn Chart which reads just the same way.

To use the mod download the file
Layout.zip (http://www.geneseo.edu/~jap15/layout.zip)

If you installed party poker to the default location, unzip Layout.zip to

C:\program files\partypoker\images\

It will ask you if you want to overwrite some files...just say yes to all.(Disclaimer:Not that it happened to me, but if party stops working for some reason, just reinstall it and try again.)

Now you want to download this file
table.jpg (http://www.geneseo.edu/~jap15/table.jpg)
and put it in the images directory as well.

After all that start up party and here's what it should look like

http://www.geneseo.edu/~jap15/Inaction.jpg

Remember I just put things that i thought would be useful to me. If anyone has any suggestions of things to add, just post'em and i'll see what i can do /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later
-j

garion888
02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey,

Just realized that the autopost etc checkboxes were in the way of some of my text so i moved the MP starting hands to the lower right hand corner. Just re-download the table.jpg from the link above to fix it.

-j

oreogod
02-28-2005, 09:30 PM
You still need to add the new table image or link to it...it is still going to the old table image u put up before u moved the starting hands requirments.

Also, what book are the strating hands from? Small stakes holdem?

garion888
02-28-2005, 09:38 PM
hey oreo,

Just use the same link...i updated the image. The starting hands are from SSH(3-5 Players per flop).

-j

oreogod
02-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Whenever I click on the link, the table image that comes up is still the same old one, saved it to my computer and the MP starting hands are still over the check boxes. If its my computer, anything I can do to pop the new one up?

Oh yeah, for the Flop Odds, u should if possible add the percentages in, I think a lot of people would find this useful for pot equity issues (I know them, but others might like this feature)

garion888
02-28-2005, 10:53 PM
click on the link and try the refresh button when the image pops up. I think the cache is not downloading the new image...

And I think i can do either percentages or pot odds but not both...there's just no room /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lost Wages
03-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Your odds are off a bit, should be:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Odds
T to R F to R
Outs (1 or 2)
1 45.0 22.5
2 22.0 10.8
3 14.3 7.0
4 10.5 5.1
5 8.2 3.9
6 6.7 3.1
7 5.6 2.6
8 4.8 2.2
9 4.1 1.9
</pre><hr />

Lost Wages

garion888
03-02-2005, 01:49 PM
What formula did you use to calculate your Flop Odds.

Here's mine

(1/(outs/47+outs/46))-1.

Seems like that's the way to do it...lemme know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lost Wages
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=probability&amp;Number=150 9850&amp;Forum=f11&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=1 508693&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=244&amp;daterang e=1&amp;newerval=6&amp;newertype=m&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bo dyprev=#Post1509850)

Lost Wages

garion888
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey Lost Wages,

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I put the new numbers on the pic and anyone who wants it can redownload from the same link. Make sure you guys clear your caches if its not working.

-J

Mizzles
03-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Would you mind also posting a link to black background and table mod that you found on the net (ie without any text on it) or could you post it here?

Thanks

garion888
03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
This black background and is in the Layout.zip link in the first post. Just unzip this file into your partypoker\images directory and make sure you turn off the avatar images by clicking

Options&gt;&gt;Video &amp; Audio Options&gt;&gt;

and make sure characters on/off is unchecked.

ArthurD
03-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Your base table image, minus the text changes and additions, are mine. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Since you thought it fit to steal my table background and modify it, I will post a link to my table background. I think I will make some changes to it tonight or tommorow to clean it up a bit, and maybe add or remove a stat or two. I'll also be adding in an odds chart.

Anyways, it's only fit for me to throw in a link. (BTW, I dont mind that you modified it, just messing with you. Glad it's useful to people in some way)

http://www.dantonio.info/layout/

garion888
03-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Hey ArthurD, and everyone...

This is absolutely true, the original table background image is ArthurD's. I didn't mean to imply I did this thing from scratch. All I did was add the stats and Preflop starting hands.

Didn't mean to not quote my source ArthurD. I said I quoted SSH, so I should have said this was a derivative work of yours too /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

No worries,
-j

Richter
03-08-2005, 04:19 PM
I was going to post this also because you need the rest of the images from your site or it doesn't work as I found out. -So I think it's inferred that he didn't mean to claim any credit I don't think.