PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Flush Reads (Medium/Low Content)

kamjah
02-28-2005, 08:43 PM
This isn't an incredibly action filled hand, but i was just curious to see if i was missing something in my reads. I was at the table for a few rotations and the villain was a somewhat tight player.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($16.65)
Button ($10.67)
SB ($85.72)
BB ($25)
Hero ($113.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($14.50) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $18.50

Should i have folded to his re-raise on the flop? Was i right to re-raise? Should i have called the last two bucks? Any input is appreciated. Results to be posted later.

JimmyJazz1
02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Should i have folded to his re-raise on the flop?
No, I think you have to call that cause he could easily have a high diamond/mid 2 pair.

Was i right to re-raise?
Yes, I think thats a good raise just to get more information from him. If he reraises you big, you know your beat and can easily lay it down. If he calls, you can continue betting on the ensuing streets depending on what comes.

Should i have called the last two bucks?
Yes, your odds are way too high for you to fold for a bet 1/6 of the pot. He could be trying to value bet an ace or mid two pair.