PDA

View Full Version : Party MTT: pay BB twice in a row at same table!?

AZnuts
02-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Party, Limit Hold'em Multi Table tourney. 420 entrants, 50th makes the money.

After a tough loss on a hand, my stack was crippled, but with only a few spots to go to the money I could probably fold my way into it through another set of blinds, until this happened:

300/600 blinds, Hero has T1700

Seat 4 - Button
Seat 5 - SB
Seat 6 - Empty
Seat 7 - Hero is BB

Hand played, Hero folded preflop to multiple raises.

Next hand, new player enters at Seat 6, but is allowed to post SB, causing Hero to post BB again:

Seat 5 - Button
Seat 6 - SB
Seat 7 - Hero is BB Again!

As it turned out, I made it back around to the BB and was eliminated two spots from the money; of course one hand later the cutoff was achieved as two others busted out.

Party's own written tourney rules state it is possible to pay the BB twice in a row, but their example is if by chance you are moved to a new table and unlucky enough to get that seat.

But should one player ever be forced to pay the BB twice at the same table? I know my local live tourney's would not permit that.

Sour grapes, or would others be mad too?

Even if I had just known it would happen, I might have just played the remainder of my stack on the previous hand.

P.S. I wrote Party an email for clarification. Of course I don't expect more than a useless, canned response statement.

bigredlemon
02-28-2005, 08:39 PM
I'd write a letter to party and hope to get a buy in back. It's their fault software's fault, and it's definetly buggy.

I've actually missed a BB just yesterday because of a similar event.

MicroBob
02-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah...I've had several situations where I was rooting for some guy to get knocked out so that the BB would skip past me and I would straight to SB.

I'm not quite sure why you paid BB 2x though.