PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so stubborn stubborn?

ObnxNole
02-28-2005, 06:45 PM
$5/10 Prima
Villian($900) Raises utg + 1 raises to $40(No read)
Hero($1200) dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif calls on the button
Flop:K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian bets $40. Hero raises $100. Villian min raises to $200. Hero calls.Pot:$~$500
Turn:J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian bets $40 /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Hero calls $40. Pot~$580
River:10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villian moves all in. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Call or fold?

Rocaix
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
I'd lean towards mucking, given the way this played on the previous streets. I'd say he likely has KK, JJ, or KJ. He probably put you on a flush draw and the turn bet was designed to keep you in the pot, with the hope that you'd pay him off on the river if your draw gets there.

Rococo
02-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I would have been awfully tempted to put Villain to the test on the turn. Given that you called, I think that you have to call on the river. Believe it or not, I think that you will see AK, AQ, KT or something odd like 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif more than one in three times here. I agree that the flop action is odd if Villain has AQ, but it makes a some sense if Villain has AK (although pushing the river is a little odd because the T definitely could have helped you).

fsuplayer
02-28-2005, 09:03 PM
w/o any callers in front, i think this is a fold preflop here josh. id like the call with 33 or 56s much better than Axs.

and if you are going to raise this flop, you need to make it about 200 straight.