Losses
47 (67.14%)

Average value wagered
$20

Players with better winning percentage

Players with worse winning percentage

$20 Table:
23 wins / 47 losses

Wow! So saabpo is in the 33rd percentile for ITM finishes! He probably didn't come out ahead, because I think his strategy is especially bad for short-handed play, so his ITM finishes are likely skewed towards 3rd place. Still, that's pretty impressive for such a simple strategy. Plus, at least towards the end of his run, he was playing against a lot of 2+2ers, who are presumably better than average PP players.

So, if you're playing the $22 games, and you're not beating the crap out of them, you must suck.

Also, props to whoever put up www.saabpo.com (http://www.saabpo.com).

dfscott
02-28-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, if you're playing the $22 games, and you're not beating the crap out of them, you must suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew! I'm glad it's the 11s that I'm not beating the crap out of -- I'd hate to find out that I suck.

gasgod
02-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Somebody posted a breakdown of its Firsts, seconds, and thirds. its play over the session was within a buy-in of break even, IIRC.

I am afraid for the future of on-line poker. It would be easy to reprogram saabpo to be virtually undetectable, and there are obviously many improvements that could be made in its strategy.

GG

The Armchair
02-28-2005, 07:02 PM
I know on a lot of levels bots are bad, but this one was even a bad poker player. At best it lost almost 20 tournament buy-ins.

jackdaniels
02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Not to detract from the rest of the post - but that link is hillarious!

The Yugoslavian
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
You do realize these results are completely meaningless, right?

What's more indicative of Saabpo's strength is watching him play. And while I have not (consistent with my original 'meh' comment in regards to the whole saabpo thing) I've heard its play is perhaps better than a weak fish but certainly nowhere near a solid 2+2er and likely -EV over the long run anyway (or *perhaps* slightly +EV).

And yes, I understand that saabpo is representative of a deeper concern that good to very good bots may appear in hordes and kill all the online games.

Yugoslav

spentrent
02-28-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to detract from the rest of the post - but that link is hillarious!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you dig it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ilya
02-28-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Still, that's pretty impressive for such a simple strategy. Plus, at least towards the end of his run, he was playing against a lot of 2+2ers, who are presumably better than average PP players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your conclusion does not follow from your premises.

bweiser8311962
02-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I'd take these results.

By my quick calculations, he has spent $1540 in entry fees and earned $2300 ... just from 23 wins. Add in a few more 2nds and 3rds from the LOSS column and he's probably up about a grand. Not bad.

curtains
02-28-2005, 11:42 PM
a win is any finish in the top 3, not a first place finish.

Wu36
03-01-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, props to whoever put up www.saabpo.com (http://www.saabpo.com).

[/ QUOTE ]
Glorious