PDA

View Full Version : Craziest Call Ever?

Infotainment
02-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm sorta new to posting here but I thought I'd provide this entertaining story of the craziest call I've seen yet on empire/party poker!

No HH, just from memory! .5 -1.00 NL 10-person ring game.

I'm in BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif...
Almost everyone limps in and there are 8 including me when it comes around to me.

I raise to 10 dollars as the pot is 8 and I am almost sure I have the best hand.

4 players see flop... pot @ 45 dollars or so

Flop comes out... 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

1st player moves all-in w/ $47.00!!!
2nd player calls!
3rd player folds!
I move all in w/ $115!

2nd player calls (has me covered)

Pot is over $300.
The turn and river come 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif, & Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I am afraid straight flush has hit in back of my mind but pretty confident.

1st guy all-in cards are mucked.

The guy who called the all-in and my all-in reraise turns over.......

3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

He had called $10 pre-flop w/ 3-7 offsuit.

Then called a $47 all-in with a gutshot straight draw while the board had 3 spades and he had none.

Then he called a $68 re-raise! All to try to hit a gutshot straight draw!?

I've probably only played about 7,000 hands at .5-1.00 NL on empire but that is the craziet calling I have ever seen!

Sorry I don't know how to make my post pretty if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll make my future posts better. Like how to make the card icons and stuff would be helpful.

FrankLu99
02-28-2005, 07:01 PM
board 33334
opponent 22
i move allin on the river. he calls i win.
crazy gideon - i am crazzzzzzzzzzzzy

Benal
02-28-2005, 07:04 PM
You won? Ummmm.. what?

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
board 33334
opponent 22
i move allin on the river. he calls i win.
crazy gideon - i am crazzzzzzzzzzzzy

[/ QUOTE ]
Easy call. He had quads. Can't lay that down.

djoyce003
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
LOL

TrailofTears
02-28-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then called a $47 all-in with a gutshot straight draw while the board had 3 spades and he had none.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, something isn't right here...

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I don't know how to make my post pretty if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll make my future posts better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about being pretty, it's about being helpful. This post doesn't A) Help anyone on here, or B) Even come close to the craziest call ever. At least put (low content) or (no content) when posting stuff like this.

Nonetheless, welcome to the forums, your gateway to moneyland.

- Trail

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, something isn't right here...

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I don't know how to make my post pretty if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll make my future posts better.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about being pretty, it's about being helpful. This post doesn't A) Help anyone on here, or B) Even come close to the craziest call ever. At least put (low content) or (no content) when posting stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree 100% although thought it wouldn't be nice to yell at a guy making his first post (although he definitely deserves it for making his first post a stupid one). Also thought the 'no spade' thing was funny (I also thought of commenting on that, but thought it wasn't nice - good thing you are more of a jerk than I am...which I thought was hard to come by). Also, don't you think his name is basically a (no content) disclaimer by itself? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Nonetheless, welcome to the forums, your gateway to moneyland.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen.

TrailofTears
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good thing you are more of a jerk than I am...which I thought was hard to come by

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Serious ouch.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, don't you think his name is basically a (no content) disclaimer by itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I made a posting decision based on a name (disregarding a question asked by smartalecc), I believe you told me I was mean for that.

Bottom line - I want out of this relationship Worst. You continually put me down and I just can't take it anymore. I'm going to stay at my sister's until I can move my stuff out. Goodbye and good riddance.

- TrailofTears (and now my name has significance...)

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Damnit, you're going to get me fired. All of my colleagues are wondering why I am laughing out loud in the middle of the office. Please don't go!

TrailofTears
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
You had me at "Damnit".

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You had me at "Damnit".

[/ QUOTE ]
You Jerry Maguire freak. You're killing me here. Stop it.

jtr
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Awww. Can we all come to the reception?

TrailofTears
02-28-2005, 10:46 PM
I do need a best man. And if you could bring a special lady friend to act as Worst's maid of honor, that would be great.

jtr
02-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Sob -- I told myself I wouldn't cry -- sob.

NiceCatch
03-01-2005, 12:40 AM
So then Worst is the, pardon my French, "bitch" in the relationship? How do you feel about this Worst? BTW, congrats to you both.

TheWorstPlayer
03-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Maybe we can come join you and soah in the kiddie pool after the reception.