PDA

View Full Version : Please settle an argument

oscark
02-28-2005, 05:59 PM
I am a limit player and feel completely lost when I sit down at an no limit table. That being said, the game is fun, so I like to drink and play at my local cardroom ($100 buyin, blinds 1-1-2). In general, the competition is god awful.

So, a friend of mine recently said he things 69s is playable in early position in the game. I think he is out of his gourd, and I wouldn't play it late either. Can a few of you help us settle this either way?

Thanks,

Oscar

MyMindIsGoing
02-28-2005, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't even play that with deeper stacks in late pos.

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, these guys are tighties. Play it in any position as long as there are 100BB stacks or greater. The key characteristics of these games is that they are passive (allows you to limp often and draw cheaply) and they are loose (pay you off when you hit). Any suited connectors, one-gappers, or two-gappers can be played in any position profitably in any position, in my opinion. BUT this is only IF you can play significantly better than your opponents postflop. So, you must know when the implied odds are still not great enough for your draw and then you must fold it. You must know when you can successfully bluff a miss, etc. Given that is the case, though, you can definitely play these profitably even in early position.

Tilt
02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Oh god no. If you are playing that what the hell aren't you playing? When are you going to go to the bathroom?

I mean, what flops other than 996 or 785 are really going to make you happy?

schwza
02-28-2005, 06:14 PM
it's ok for open-raising in the CO or button. that's about it.

TheWorstPlayer
02-28-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's ok for open-raising in the CO or button. that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh man. I mean, it's fine to say it is not playable in EP, but this is just insane. Pretty much any two are 'ok for open-raising in CO or BN'. 96s is definitely limpable after 4-5 loose/passive limpers with 100BB stacks. Look at the implied odds, man.