PDA

View Full Version : HELP part 2 Do I suck? (PT #'s- if not interested just skip thread)

B00T
02-28-2005, 05:57 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/B00T/bfb3c2d1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/B00T/MoreDetail.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/B00T/POSITION.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/B00T/POCKETPAIRS.jpg

OK those are my relevant stats. Any suggestions are welcomed. I am just trying to determine if I am running bad or something more to it. I need to work on reading players more and keeping more attention to bets and tendencies of players. Anything else that is glaringly obvious that I need to work on. I never really tore apart my game before and welcome the help of anyone here.

I mentioned it in my other posts. Does anyone know of any 6-max coaches online?

Thanks for your potential HELP!

Grisgra
02-28-2005, 06:18 PM
If you've only been playing for 15k hands, it might be a little early to go the coach route.

J.R.
02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
After a quick review, I think that if these were your stats after 100K hands I would say you could certainly steal more, raise preflop more (perhaps one in the same with blind stealing), play more aggressively on the postflop streets (this comes naturally if you are more often the preflop aggressor), get to the showdown a few more times (I prefer 37-40- although when you go is even more important and PT may obscure the fact you are taking the wrong hands to showdown), defend more (a minor consideration- I lean towards over-defending), and go to the showdown less often when playing out of the sb (when you more frequently will run into kicker issues), but all in all there are no glaring errors and someone with similar pt numbers could be supporting a green winrate over the long haul. However, you aren't aggressive enough and (perhaps- although this depends on your overall style - a touch too tight postflop) to truly crush the game over the long haul, IMO.

I'd chalk your results up to variance and/or more specific postflop mistakes. You appear to be playing decently from your stats and just need some better cards and/or better postflop skills (and/or better reads on your opposition), in addition to opening up your game a bit by playing more aggressively. You stats don't indicate a huge leak, and you could be a small winner with these numbers I would think.

MAxx
02-28-2005, 06:26 PM
i was going to say something like what JR said, but he said it much better. so just consider this an echo to a poster who needs no echo.

B00T
02-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks JR, this is the type of stuff I need to hear and be able to examine. I've been focusing on a ton of blind stealing / defending threads and trying to see what stats and reads are important dealing with opponents.

Thanks again!

helpmeout
02-28-2005, 06:48 PM
You dont need to steal more 30% is the norm anything over that is too high, this isnt ring, people defend their blinds.

Play a few more hands in the BB after a raise and raise preflop a bit more.

Also might want to find a bit more aggression on the other streets. I generally aim for 2.5 flop and turn and 2 on the river.

Sometimes if it there are only 1-2 players you just have to bet out on the flop as a bluff and hope to take it down. Same goes for the turn, dont do it too often but you have to do it a bit because others will bluff at pots when everyone misses.

fyodor
02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Stealing 40% shorthanded is a good stat

Lost Wages
02-28-2005, 06:54 PM
B00T,

You're a little passive postflop. Looks like some of your flop and turn calls should be bets (instead of check-call) or raises.

The only other thing that really jumps out is that you are losing quit a bit in the blinds. I don't really see anything in the stats to indicate why though so maybe just running bad??

Using Homer's spreadsheet, if your true win rate was +1.5BB/100 and SD was 16BB/100, then after 14k hands you could be 95% confident that your observed win rate would fall between +4.15BB/100 and -1.15BB/100. So, I don't think it's time to panic just yet. Get a fresh start for March. Try to be a little more aggressive and see how it goes.

Lost Wages

helpmeout
02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
40% is way too high. You cant steal with trash like K3o Q6s.

Like I said this isnt ring, people autodefend and play back at you.

B00T
02-28-2005, 07:25 PM
One aspect I was unsure of is my % of when I fold. Is that good?

7.7 - 3.6 - 2 for Flop Turn River. I think I do not lay down enough hands when I know I am beat. Likewise the time I have good hands I dont play them that hard. I think if I flip flopped those 2 the relative Aggression would stay the same then the overall PT numbers would stay the same.

I just know that something isnt right but I'm on the track to fixing it. Thanks.

J.R.
02-28-2005, 07:25 PM
food for thought (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1769761&For um=f8&Words=%2Bblind%20%2Bsteal&Searchpage=0&Limit =250&Main=1769761&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=& daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&older type=&bodyprev=#Post1769761)

IMO 30 is too low, but too each his own.

sethypooh21
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Perhaps a little more aggression after a preflop raise. Checking 20% of the time seems high.

I think you are also folding too much to river bets, and I think this might come from the lack of aggressiveness on the flop and particularly the turn. If you check behind on the turn with AK/AQ unimproved, you are going to be bet into on the river by all kinds of worse hands. Especially on a busted-drawish board. OTOH, if you bet the turn, you are likely to see a free showdown.

Of course, it's only 15k hands, so the results mean very little at this point.

Jeff W
02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
You've heard this before: Your stats don't explain why you are losing.

You've heard this before: -100 BB is not a big downswing.

You've heard this before: 14,000 hands is not many hands.

It's too early to tell how well you will do at 5/10 6-max.

I'm willing to coach you if we can agree on an appropriate arrangement. PM me if you're interested.

B00T
02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check behind on the turn with AK/AQ unimproved, you are going to be bet into on the river by all kinds of worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this but I feel that I am getting check raised on the turn like literally 40-50% of the time. Way too high a number. I am going to venture close to 50% C/R 25% fold 25% call. I really do not think I am exagerrating. Passive or aggressive it doesnt matter. Passive I can safely fold, aggressives or better players will put me on high cards and can blow me off my hand or at least attempt to.

B00T
02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
I know its too early to tell. I am well aware of variance and sample sizes of probably 200k hands to get a proximity. I just wanted to know if there was anything glaringly obvious to worry about in hopes of fixing any leaks.

THe best time for a reality check is when you are in your downswing. I bet most people arent knitpicking themselves in the midst of their +400bb weeks

Jeff W
02-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I can relate to how you feel. I hit a -370 BB downswing in December and I stank of desparation. I posted my stats on the forum and asked for deliverance from the darkness that was closing in on me. When the thread was over and forgotten, I was no better off than before.

Now I have 100,000 hands under my belt and my success far exceeds my original expectations.

You will get there. In my original post I was trying to help you see that you are heading in the wrong direction, but I suppose it is easier to learn from our mistakes than those who have gone before us.

sethypooh21
02-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Fear not the checkraise. If you play weakly/passively, you are actually going to induce the aggro's and sharks to take shots at you. In any event, against most players, getting CR'ed just tells you that you are beat for the same 1 BB you would be willing to invest to see a showdown.

Not to mention the fact that for the most part, that 25% your opponents folds has not inconsiderable value on its own.