PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Early Events

YoureToast
02-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Anybody sign up for any of the early WSOP early events yet? I signed up on their website for the $1500 NL and $1500 Limit events but haven't wired the money. Is it necessary to wire the money now, or will waiting a bit suffice? I have my trip planned, don't want to miss the events, but don't feel like shelling out the $3k yet.

Thoughts, experiences?

mcteecho
02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm unhappy with them at the moment. I faxed an entry (as directed on the website) for the June 3 $1500 NLHE and wired the $$$, all about three weeks ago. I haven't had an acknowledgement of receipt of the entry or the $$$ yet, despite asking for one in the fax cover letter. About 10 days ago, I called the WSOP line and left a message, and the line promised a reply in 72 hours - but I haven't heard from them. Last week, I left a message with the tourny director at the Rio, and I haven't heard from him either.

Dynasty
03-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Why would you send the money so far in advance? You should be able to sign up on the day of the event.

iMsoLucky0
03-01-2005, 03:53 AM
You really think that you'll be able to sign up on the day of the event? (Or at least sign up on the day without waiting in a 600+ line?) Tunica in January was a mad house. The first 550 buyin tourney capped at 1200 or so, and there were around 6-700 more players that didn't get in that wanted to, so they opened up some more spots and let in alternates, but there were still 500 players that didn't get to play that wanted to.

I'm sure Vegas will handle this better, but I for one, hate waiting in huge as lines.

Dynasty
03-01-2005, 04:28 AM
Then sign up a day or two in advance. I don't see any reason to turn over thousands of dollars several months before the tournament.

YoureToast
03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
This is what I fear. I know my money would be good but I really don't want ANY hassles.

Does anybody have any experience from last year they can relate?

mcteecho
03-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I won't be arriving in LV until the night before so it would be too late to do it in person without a huge hassle. And I'm planning a little holiday around it (I am, in fact, the stereotypical poker tourny tourist) so I didn't want to risk not getting in. And the sooner I did it, the sooner it was off my desk. If they'll just confirm they got it, I'm worry-free.

Tevyee
03-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Send them the money about 4-6 weeks before the event, you'll avoid waiting in a huge line and I'm sure they will have more staff handling registration since it's closer to the actual event day. Good luck in your events! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mcteecho
03-01-2005, 02:06 PM
That sound sensible - and thanks!